Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London Midland Cheap Train Tickets

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
This offer was flagged up on here a couple of days ago with tickets from £15.00 It looked very good.

I just went onto London Midlands site to check if times would make going viable. There are a fair few services listed BUT it seems they all involve using Virgin trains. This offer states that tickets are only available on London Midland trains. I do not know if there is another route or other alternative offer available

Please dyor or you might get a shock at Euston

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
London Midland only run trains to Liverpool starting at Birmingham, you need to use a London Midland train to Stafford first i think, but that takes about 2 and a half hours - fastest way with the £15 offer anyway. On the LM site, check you have the London Midland Only box clicked otherwise it wont show up.

Ill use Virgin simply because id want to kill myself sitting on a train for longer than i need to.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Have just booked my tickets on Trainline using Virgin trains. More money, but gets you back after the game. Prices went up while I was online, so buy quick!

I don't think the Midland deal will get you home after the 4.30pm kick-off.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Have just booked my tickets on Trainline using Virgin trains. More money, but gets you back after the game. Prices went up while I was online, so buy quick!

It won't. I'm gonna use the £15 ticket to get up there and find someones floor to crash on in either Birmingham or Manchester, then travel back the next day.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Im waiting until i actually have a ticket, gonna cost me at least an extra £10 though - i had a price of £36 earlier for the train, now up £7 in 1 hour.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Bloody Sunday kick off's. Right here we go.

Just spoke to London - Midland the train back is 18.34 from Liverpool but you need to go via Crewe first and get the 19.38 which arrives in London at 23.13.

This is no good to me as my last train from Waterloo to Peterfield, Hants is 23.30, so it looks like Virgin is on the only train the price on Virgin was £74.20 return from London. This will be different form Brighton as I presume that there will be a later train.

Is not going to be cheap, could the club put on a Special, old fashion I know but may be worth our while.....

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
London Midland in my view really is only an alternative to bus travel, could have bought a ticket on them from Brum to London the other week two people
£24 return. However journey time on both trains was around 3 hours vs 1 hour 35 mins on Virgin which was twice the price for the same journey.

If you want to spend forever on the train save a few bob good luck the bus might be slightly cheaper.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
London Midland in my view really is only an alternative to bus travel, could have bought a ticket on them from Brum to London the other week two people
£24 return. However journey time on both trains was around 3 hours vs 1 hour 35 mins on Virgin which was twice the price for the same journey.

If you want to spend forever on the train save a few bob good luck the bus might be slightly cheaper.

It is not a few bob though is it? £15 vs £67. Thems a lot of Bobs.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Bloody Sunday kick off's. Right here we go.

Just spoke to London - Midland the train back is 18.34 from Liverpool but you need to go via Crewe first and get the 19.38 which arrives in London at 23.13.
how are you going to catch the 18:34 the match won't finish until 18:20 at the earlist

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
It is not a few bob though is it? £15 vs £67. Thems a lot of Bobs.

If you can go up to Liverpool on one of the £15 London Midland deals, a single back to London on Virgin trains is about £30. Still a lot more, though. Wonder how many people will be put off going because of the timing?

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
how are you going to catch the 18:34 the match won't finish until 18:20 at the earlist

add on 7 or 8 minutes stoppage time , time to get out of the ground and it will already be 18.45 before you know it.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
So basically London Midland is a no goer and the only safe bet is the 19.48 Virgin train which arrives in London at 22.27.

I've looked at flying and can't find anything, what a pain in the parts.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
You used to be able to get London midland from marlybone to brum but it was a slow service no idea if it's still possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here