Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London clubs you have a 'soft' spot for ?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Although they are not in London, I do have a soft spot for Palace. It's called Quicksand.

Seriously, none.

Camicus

Fulham and AFC AFC because of the spirit shown by there fans and Fulham as all my family are sarf london and we all used to go down there as a kid. Also my cousin played for the junoir black and whites.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
West ham brought up there, am a JCL to Brighton can't say it was due to new ground as had no idea it was being built. My partner introduced me and I feel in love.

I hate going to West Ham due to the crowd more than anything else it's scummy, last game I see was Villa there 4/5 years back and watched 6/7 people rip a man of his motorbike and beat him. Swore to myself I will never step foot there a ground. Baring spreading ashes of family who still are season ticket holders and have been for all my life.

I always watch there games on tv and streams can't afford Brighton games and never on TV so just watch them.

Also have a major soft spot for Charlton.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Coming from North London, Barnet are my second team and I used to watch them quite a lot when I was young. Hardly go these days but was at Burton to see them survive at the end of last season as we finished a weekend earlier.

As for the Premier League, it would have to be Arsenal as I like the way they play and have a lot of friends who support them but am not too bothered. I would much rather they won the league than the Manchester clubs or Chelsea but that isn't likely these days!

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Have always admired the Hammers, when working in London used to get the odd ticket for midweek games,if they do get the Olyimpic stadium will watch them when the Albion are away

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
Chelsea. Yes, I know. But my Great Grandfather was a Chelsea fan, lived in the area and was a soldier in the Westminster Rifles in the First World War. He survived The Somme but was killed shortly before the end of the war. Had he lived, I may have been a Chelsea supporter. But my Great Grandmother moved south and hence I am a Brighton fan.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
My father (born in 1916) was a lifelong Arsenal fan, and although I know a lot of people have no time for Arsene Wenger, I think he has an integrity which few other premiership managers have.
My Brother was born in Chelsea.
And - I hate to say it - but I lived the first 15 months of my life literally in sight of the Crystal palace, or where it had been, in Sydenham, because it was burnt down in 1936..

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Spuds. My dad has followed them all his life (he is a Londoner) my fiancée is spurs as are her entire family. My kids are Albion though.

Of all the London clubs the atmos at White Hart Lane is at least passionate.

Jul 20, 2003
Arsenal .... 1979 FA Cup final
Fulham .... used to go to games with mates who were supporters
Palace ..... as above
Orient ..... as above

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Chelsea, but that will end next season when we're sticking three past them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here