Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London 2012

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
I am heading to Drapers Field today in Leyton to see the IOC tour. The FA cup will be on display and 100's of school kids will get the opportunity to play football for the morning! The olympics is such a positive thing, it angers me that people can't see this!
:angry:

virgirlo said:
I am heading to Drapers Field today in Leyton to see the IOC tour. The FA cup will be on display and 100's of school kids will get the opportunity to play football for the morning! The olympics is such a positive thing, it angers me that people can't see this!
:angry:

Are you meeting the IOC?

LC

virgirlo said:
Might be!!

:ohmy:

I assume from there you will be showing them the "Olympic village", proposed tennis training area and the velodrome:clap: :clap2:

Last edited:

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I think the Olympics would probably be very good for London, and much of Southern England (though I don't think it would benefit elsewhere in the country).

But I just think Paris will get it. Does anyone think they won't?

ME.

They have just got a head start because Blair dillied and dallied (or concentrated on starting a war in Iraq).

To be honest loads of people say Paris will win but have they looked at their present bid and compared to it to ours?

To be honest I have looked at ours and especially the regeneration side, I 've worked in the area for 10 years or so, I 've done the tours, got the briefings and seen an outline of Paris.

There is no competition.

LC

virgirlo said:
just got back from the olympic stop off and got to hold the FA cup!! hooray!
:clap2:

I hoped you started singing ALBION:lolol: ALBION:D ALBION:clap2:

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
Sadly was outsung by bloody Orient, West ham and Arsenal fans! grrr
but did manage to outskill all the kids with my keepy-uppies!!

:clap:

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
London Calling said:
ME.

They have just got a head start because Blair dillied and dallied (or concentrated on starting a war in Iraq).

To be honest loads of people say Paris will win but have they looked at their present bid and compared to it to ours?
I just got the impression that the votes would be decided on a political basis.

Those who like the USA will vote for it, and those that don't will vote for France.

Or am I just being too cynical about the procedure?

Duncan H said:
I just got the impression that the votes would be decided on a political basis.

Those who like the USA will vote for it, and those that don't will vote for France.

Or am I just being too cynical about the procedure?

No just realistic. But then why did China get it? Nearly every nation hates them as a cruel nihilistic dictatorship? Apart from the USA who ignore such things and saw a huge market and cheap labour.

LC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here