Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London 2012 - Which tickets will you apply for??

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'll have my bus pass by then, so I may well go to some track and some cycling.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Would love to see some of the athletics, cycling and a bit of hockey.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
As a club player - I'd like to see the badminton, and also would be interested in the cycling like many others.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Everything I can get, I think its brilliant we have them and its money well spent.

really? i suppose thats easy to say for you, but living in a London borough id rather the money was spent on schools, police, fire, fixing the roads and emptying my bins.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I hoped Paris would get it. The travelling costs would probably be cheaper, and the trains more reliable.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm planning on taking the 2 weeks off work and going to something everyday, including some of the sports I wouldn't normally follow and the sailing down at Weymouth.

May sound a bit over-enthusiastic but the games will never come back to the UK in our lifetimes as there's so much competition to host them now.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
really? i suppose thats easy to say for you, but living in a London borough id rather the money was spent on schools, police, fire, fixing the roads and emptying my bins.

Yep all worthy of our tax and hard earned cash, I would always rather spend money on big events like this than military, wars, royal familys and road building.

I lived in Harringay for years and expect they are paying a few quid extra towards some new fab facilitys to the east of them now. I have been happily funding the lottery and would happily send my buisness tax over to them rather than over to Gordon and Co.

Still 7.7 million tickets up for grabs, claim one for free for your bins not being emptied on time, question is which event do you want or are you shutting yourself away in four years time in protest.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Based on what I want to watch/experience (ie a race, as opposed to something like gymnastics or weightlifting; a decent crowd/good atmosphere; and a chance of Britain winning or doing well) I think I'll try for the cycling, maybe the rowing, and a day in the athletics stadium seems a must.

So after a little more than a week of Beijing gone which sports do you now think you'll apply for tickets in 4 years time? Obvioulsy beach volleyball for me :)

I thought you were appplying for sports

Rule 24 for the Athens olympic Beach volleyball competition

24.4 Women’s Uniforms
• Style (see diagram)
The top must fit closely to the body and the design must be with deep
cutaway armholes on the back, upper chest and stomach (2-piece),
respecting the space for the required for the manufacturer logo, player
number, country flag and country code, and the place for the player’s
name.
The briefs should be in accordance with the enclosed diagram, be a close
fit and be cut on an upward angle towards the top of the leg. The side width
must be maximum 7 cm.