Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LOL @ you bunch of fair weather fans!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I'm sorry but this is absolutely ridiculous! I've seen this board slowly but surely become more and more ridiculous over the past few weeks. Yes, in the match day threads I may of said a few pessimistic comments when 1-0 down about 3 points dropped, but some of you lot stun me!

Yes we drew with Woking, a team leagues below us, and yes we drew with FCUM today, cup upsets happen, we seem to be the victim of one every few bloody years, so you shouldn't sit there all suprised and angry about it!

Let me remind you of a few things:
1. That was not a full strength team.
2. The opposition were understandably WELL UP FOR IT.
3. We saw Sandaza show more danger in front of goal than the rest of our strike force, given a few games, this lad is going to be banging them in, I bet on it!
4. We get a replay, which will probably be on tv, which means more money for us (maybe, I'm not 100% on this), another game for people who live overseas etc to see the Albion.
5. We have beaten teams only a few places behind us 3-0 and 4-0 this year!
6. We are winning penalties!! Yes we don't seem to have a bloody penalty taker who can stick them in, but were winning them! The law of avereages will have us banging them in eventually.
7. We have a week off now for Gus to chill out and work on the training ground.
8. WE. ARE. STILL. TOP. OF. THE. LEAGUE!!!!!

If you want to boo, I agree with Gus, stay at home! To have 845 fans who are so far BELOW us, which you all want to point out, making more of an atmosphere than we have in 13 years is SHOCKING, you lot who went today deserved to be booed not the players!

TOP OF THE LEAGUE :amex::falmer:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Did you go? So you should be booing....yourself?

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
WELL SAID! i could not agree more... these people make me cry... so negative, and if they want to get rid of gus your going the right way... i mean ffs even Chelsea were interested to make him there manager so if nothing good to say don't say anything at all...

to add to the above
they have nothing to lose, they rested there players in the league for this game haha

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I didn't boo and I think Gus is king but that doesn't mean I think he is always right. He has f***ed up with the FA Cup. Either take it seriously or don't bother entering.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I didn't go, I'm in Lincoln, and a student, I don't have the money to travel that far on a train for an FA Cup 2nd round game. Call me a fake fan if you like, but I think the sensible ones among us can see why I didn't go, I'll see you at Huddersfield!

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
nobody is questioning it are they?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Well if you had gone you'd know it was bloody freezing, not fair at all.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I didn't go, I'm in Lincoln, and a student, I don't have the money to travel that far on a train for an FA Cup 2nd round game. Call me a fake fan if you like, but I think the sensible ones among us can see why I didn't go, I'll see you at Huddersfield!

You can't start a thread slating "fair weather fans" when you didn't even go yourself. Get a grip, there were only a few booers today. Don't believe everything you see on the TV!

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
I'm sorry but this is absolutely ridiculous! I've seen this board slowly but surely become more and more ridiculous over the past few weeks. Yes, in the match day threads I may of said a few pessimistic comments when 1-0 down about 3 points dropped, but some of you lot stun me!

Yes we drew with Woking, a team leagues below us, and yes we drew with FCUM today, cup upsets happen, we seem to be the victim of one every few bloody years, so you shouldn't sit there all suprised and angry about it!

3. We saw Sandaza show more danger in front of goal than the rest of our strike force, given a few games, this lad is going to be banging them in, I bet on it!
4. We get a replay, which will probably be on tv, which means more money for us (maybe, I'm not 100% on this), another game for people who live overseas etc to see the Albion.
6. We are winning penalties!! Yes we don't seem to have a bloody penalty taker who can stick them in, but were winning them! The law of avereages will have us banging them in eventually.

If you want to boo, I agree with Gus, stay at home! To have 845 fans who are so far BELOW us, which you all want to point out, making more of an atmosphere than we have in 13 years is SHOCKING, you lot who went today deserved to be booed not the players!

Yeah, I agree with you.

The FA cup is a tournament built on giant-killings and upsets - that's why it's so great to watch. As I'm typing now, ITV are screening Dover's win over League 2 opposition. Leeds beat Manure at Old Trafford. Also, Leeds lost to non-league opposition a year or two earlier.

These people who booed today, I wonder if they saw Brighton up at Peterborough in October?

Cup games will always bring surprises.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
You can't start a thread slating "fair weather fans" when you didn't even go yourself. Get a grip, there were only a few booers today. Don't believe everything you see on the TV!

Think I just did son, we shouldn't have ONE booer when were top of the ****ing league! One of us needs to get a grip. (Hint, it's not me.)

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010

... he can do what he likes + there are a fair few booers... you can even see a lot of them on here...

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
I took my wife and kids to what will probably be the coldest match of the season where they shouted and cheered on their team - even though the the kids are only 8 and 5 years old - and you say we are the ones who should be booed? Get a life!

By the way we did not boo anybody - gave their No 5 some stick for play acting several times though!!

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Think I just did son, we shouldn't have ONE booer when were top of the ****ing league! One of us needs to get a grip. (Hint, it's not me.)

It certainly is you. Saying everyone who went to the game should get booed? :lol:

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Its like all the headless chickens & doom mongers have come out en masse today. I don't think there's an Albion fan on the planet who's not at least slightly dissapointed with the result today but you can never take anything for granted in cup football.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
It certainly is you. Saying everyone who went to the game should get booed? :lol:

ah didnt read that bit properly, my apologies to you and paskman but im annoyed by the people who are booing and is that going to help the players? when they play with confidence they are a championship club, without league 1... and that is it... so booing is only going to make it harder for the confidence levels

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
Thankfully I did not go, it is quite obvious that Gus does not put cup games high on his priority list and who can blame him as past 14 players the suqad is thin. We are over achieving in the league and he is trying his hardest to keep us going at the top. He has a few fringe players that he loves, which ar not good enough, Baz and Batti. If we keep those two away from the league games we have a chance. Come on Gus we belive in you!

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003

Spot on that man. I have decided not to come on here anymore to read the shovel of shit that gets posted day in day out. I'm talking about the negativity towards the team, the manager, its a joke. Top of the league, four points clear and people still moan and groan. And as for yesterday, we dominated that game, the only thing missing was hitting the back of the net. The way people go on it makes it sound like we are bottom of the league. Sake get behind the team and stop bloody moaning. Gus is the boss, and its up to him, you need to support what he does. By the sounds of his interviews he is getting fed up with the negativity. The negativity which eventually drive him out, so how would we feel then?

I will only be here to post updates for countdown2falmer, because honestly this board makes me depressed. See you later.

Last edited:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

All written from the comfort & warmth of your room, well done.
It's called going to a football match, you may hear some people booing. If you are too sensitive, do not attend. (oh, you don't, do you?)
If you want real negativity, look at the 'official match thread' during the game, when the man on the radio says we missed a chance.
Seriously, I was in more danger from sandaza than the goal was & I was near the back of the stand.

Spot on that man. I have decided not to come on here anymore to read the shovel of shit that gets posted day in day out. I'm talking about the negativity towards the team, the manager, its a joke. Top of the league, four points clear and people still moan and groan. And as for yesterday, we dominated that game, the only thing missing was hitting the back of the net. The way people go on it makes it sound like we are bottom of the league. Sake get behind the team and stop bloody moaning. Gus is the boss, and its up to him, you need to support what he does. By the sounds of his interviews he is getting fed up with the negativity. The negativity which eventually drive him out, so how would we feel then?

I will only be here to post updates for countdown2falmer, because honestly this board makes me depressed. See you later.

I'm not keen on negativity but surely you don't want a forum full of happy clappy fans, with no opinions all agreeing with each other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here