Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loft will tear you apart......again

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The Wookiee said:
Loftgroover aka Doug Loft was born in Stamford Brook, London on the 25th December 1986. After leaving school he did various jobs ranging from making cane furniture to working as a warehouseman and shop floor attendant at a Tesco's Supermarket.

In DJ Loftgroover's spare time he would buy lots of records to listen to, a friend bought a pair of decks and they jointly decided to "try out this mixing thing", and that is how he learnt to DJ.

"I first got into House music whilst sitting around , I was listening to Soul on Radio Luxembourg, and then I just turned the dial and I heard this 'tiss, tiss, tiss', and it was Jazzy M. I thought to myself 'What's this? This is what I was born for'. It was like I was taken over by something, like I saw a light, and I just went and sold all my Jazz, Soul, R&B and Pop records, everything. So I have a lot of respect for Jazzy M.

When asked to describe his style he says: "Nobody can ever say, 'Loft plays this type of music', because there just isn't a title for it. To try and think of a name for it, we'd be here all day.

"My favourite established DJ for musical selection would have to be Frankie Valentine and Mr C from the Shamen. The thing I like about Mr C is that he'll play things that I'll sit and play at home and think, 'No, I won't play that out, because they don't know how to deal with that'. But when he played at Knowledge one night, he was drawing out all these tunes, and I was thinking, 'C, you're drawing these tunes out in here', you know. Not that the tunes were no good it's just that you get stuck with the idea that what you like personally on a different tip, other people are not going to like or even appreciate.

His best ever night was Fusion, at the Guildhall in Portsmouth, he describes DJing as a Fun job.

His name came from the fact that when he got his first bedroom at home , it was always at the top of the house right next to the loft, which is full of his records, so Loft is grooving in his Loft so Loftgroover!

Hobbies include, his daughter, a pet tarantula spider, game consoles, football and cars.

???

DJ Loft:bowdown:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Applause for the Doug Loft fan club this afternoon - the majority of these were probably sung, but fair play to whoever came up with classics such as:

God Save Our Gracious Loft
Loft Loft Loft Loft Loft Loft Loft (to the tune of Good old sussex by the sea)
Dougie Dougie Loft, Dougie Loft, Dougie Dougie Loft...nananananana (Baby give it up!)

INSPIRATIONAL away support...and even if it was aimed as a piss take, it had the desired effect as the flair-haired white-booted GENIUS drove the team to victory. :bowdown:

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
my personal favourtie was the 'baby give it up' version

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The look of Loft..

Lofts been good to me..

Or my personal favourite..

"Loft and Savage, Loft and Savage.. they work together like a Horse and Carriage.. this I'll tell you, brother.. you can't have one without the.. other.."

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
he must have felt like a super star out on that wing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here