Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loft Signs - Official

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
He looked pretty good against Reading reserves on Wednesday evening. Tackles well and passes well but does look a bit on the skinny side which could mean he is a bit lightweight.
Once he is built up a bit he could be quite solid in midfield.

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
Great another light weight fringe first teamer who won't get a game unless he licks mcgoo's boots and when he does will be shite and mcgoo will constantly tell us how good he is, when we can all see he is crap.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
i could have sworn he said he was at gillingham before hastings

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Race said:

They said that on SCR on Friday..

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Race said:

he spent a bit of pre-season with Gillingham but they didn't reach an agreement

we are his first professional club since Chelsea (aged 10)

Incidentally, he's only been at Hastings a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Race said:

Definately. He was going to be let go at the end of the season so was told he could find another club. Neville Southall gave the Gills reserve team managers number to Alan Green who was my assitant at the time. Alan contacted Doug and he was only to keen to come down. (I don't think he had a very high opinion of Gillingham, but then who has!)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Good luck to the lad... I am sure we wouldn't offer him an 18-month contract unless we thought he had a chance of making the grade with our first-team...

Welcome, Doug, and ignore the pessimists on here...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
*cough* Molango
*cough* Turienzo
*cough* McCammon

** Cough ** Pessimist!... all of those players have made the 1st team BTW...

E

enigma

DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
*cough* Molango
*cough* Turienzo
*cough* McCammon

Bit of a one sided argument there- what about all the good players we have bought over the last two years or so? Currie? Frutos? Carole?

3 bad signings is 3 more then what we can afford with our resources. I don't see how a 19 year old who wasn't good enough for Gillingham can save us from relegation but I'm willing to put my faith in McGhee's judgment.....again......

E

enigma

DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
3 bad signings is 3 more then what we can afford with our resources. I don't see how a 19 year old who wasn't good enough for Gillingham can save us from relegation but I'm willing to put my faith in McGhee's judgment.....again......

Fair enough. But I dont really see that McGhee can find a blinding player every time he looks for one. Due to our resources, surely we are often taking gambles, which sometimes work out and sometimes dont. Just because he's been rejected by the Gills doesnt mean anything to me- they could have made an almighty cock up. Didnt we reject Ian Wright and Roy Keane once.

Only time will tell how good Loft is.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
munster monch said:
Socrates?

He could do a job

Yes but would he leave Brazil, there's the langauge problem for a start.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
This reminds me of Celtic fans having exactly the same conversation on their messageboard about Virgs right after they signed him, same thing, all cynical etc.

FFS, not every player can have played at each level, thats the way players careers progress. Give the kid a chance.

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
Why do people expect so much from these young players? They don't cost much to sign, don't have high wages and they might just do a job for us - Jake Robinson, Lynch?

And if they do come off think of the benefit....

Would we rather not have the money from Harding and Virgs? Seems a pretty good investment to me.

Stumpy Tim

DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:

Well Roy Keane & Ian Wright weren't good enough for the Albion apparently, but then I suppose they were SHIT

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Another "one for the future" !!

Great that's just what we need RIGHT NOW.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
loft_banner.jpg

Loft signs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here