Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Local and cricket info please

Bill the Bus

Jun 14, 2010
Really just after some info. We are Lancashire cricket fans, middle aged couple, living in North Notts and are coming down for a weeks holiday week commencing 26/06. We have noticed that England ladies are playing (our daughter played for Notts) in the afternoon and Sussex are playin the same evening so weather provided we are going to spend the day there. Where is the best place to view from and can you suggest any other cricket related things to do while we are down there.

Also mention of anything worth seeing/ visiting while we are down would be appreciated, we already have a days racing and Thurs evening at the dogs.

TIA Bill

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I've always been a huge fan of the Cromwell Road end, I find that the best place by some distance, close to the new plush toilets and most of the food places congregate in the corner as well as a couple of bars and most importantly the ice cream van, also if you like to be higher up there is a large temporary stand in that corner.

Bill the Bus

Jun 14, 2010
Sorry guys, just realised this is aimed at the Football crowd, just followed the North Stand part in a link. Sure someone does both sports tho so still TIA lol

Sussex have built and enormous "temporary" stand forthe 20/20 games.

much like the stands you see for things like the Open Championship and trooping the Colour.

I can vouch for the facts that the view is fantastic. Really high. can see the whole ground and about three miles out to sea. this view is , I reckpon, about halfway up.
hove-126920.jpg

Might cost a bit more to get in but for a 20/20 it'ss be worth it.

and its right by the beer and the toilets:thumbsup:

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
you could go and watch Preston Nomads v Chchester Priory Park in the Sussex Premier League, on Saturday 26th June at Fulking, a few miles out of Brighton - unlike league oop north, its free to watch..

Bill the Bus

Jun 14, 2010
Thanks for that Storer68, that looks impresive, beer and toilets close sounds even better.

Not going to be down in time for the local match, free you say? mmmmmm

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
For the 20/20 the main pavillion upstairs has a great view, even if the wicket is away from the building. Cromwell Road end is great and gets noisy.

You can walk down to the seafront and have lunch at the meeting place cafe, get great ice cream at Morrocos and plenty of resturants on Church Road if you do not fancy what is on offer in the ground resturant.

You should get to see some big hitting if Gilchrist, Smith, MacCullum and Prior play in the night game.

Bill the Bus

Jun 14, 2010
Thanks for the input.

Just another thought from you knowledgeable guys, wheres the best place to get autographs?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There is a family area near where the players come out and they often sign autographs there.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Where about in North Notts are you Bill?
I used to live in Gringley-on-the-Hill, just north of Retford, many years ago.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Local info.

Mr Jones from number 57 has bought a new computer this week, I know this as the box is next to the dustbin

Bill the Bus

Jun 14, 2010
Where about in North Notts are you Bill?
I used to live in Gringley-on-the-Hill, just north of Retford, many years ago.

I actually live in Retford. Lived here for 7 years now. Lived all the rest of my life in Oldham, loved the place but not what it has become. Love Retford and all around it tho its getting busier now than what we would like.

Bill the Bus

Jun 14, 2010
Local info.

Mr Jones from number 57 has bought a new computer this week, I know this as the box is next to the dustbin

haha

On a serious note i worked most of my life in electrical retail and i used to cringe when i saw all the boxes next to the bins blatantly advertising the new wares:shrug:

Bill the Bus

Jun 14, 2010
Can anyone suggest pubs in the area that have midweek entertainment on. Also going racing on Tues, again suggestion around the course, or somewhere on the way back to the Caravan Club site at Sheepcote Valley. Cheers

Bill the Bus

Jun 14, 2010
Can anyone suggest pubs in the area that have midweek entertainment on. Also going racing on Tues, again suggestion around the course, or somewhere on the way back to the Caravan Club site at Sheepcote Valley. Cheers

Should have been anywhere for a decent affordable meal for the Tues:blush: lol.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here