Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia Today

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Locadia will always stick in my memory for walking out into the centre circle before a match to introduce himself just after we signed him.

It was a real Hollywood superstar moment and I thought "wow,we are really going places now,this must be what happens when we sign premier League superstars"

I admired locadia for making the effort to announce himself to the fans in such a manner,but unfortunately he turned out to be very shit.

Probably the biggest effort he made for us.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Probably the biggest effort he made for us.

Apart from deciding goals that saw us through to an FA Cup Semi final - and 4 points he got us (winning / drawing goals) to keep us up. That Arsenal performance on Boxing Day was very good

Yes not great - but he at least made some positive contribution.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Could be on his way to Twente, according to Dutch newspapers.

https://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=390248

Translated

Jürgen Locadia may return to the Eredivisie after an absence of three years. The 27-year-old attacker from Brighton & Hove Albion is on the list of the technical leadership of FC Twente, TC Tubantia reported on Friday. The Tukkers want to take advantage of the fact that Locadia seems to have no future at the English club, despite a continuous contract until mid-2022.

According to the above regional newspaper, Locadia is one of the strikers who is considered a possible reinforcement for the team of trainer Ron Jans. It is currently unknown what exact asking price Brighton uses for the Dutch attacker, who has been leased to FC Cincinnati since February 2020. The Major League Soccer club had the option to permanently take over Locadia from the Seagulls, but they have since decided not to use that option.

American adventure comes to an end for highest paid Dutchman in MLS
The attacker coveted by FC Twente does not have to count on a longer stay in the United States.Read articleLe
Earlier this week, technical director Gerard Nijkamp of Cincinnati gave text and explanation about the decision not to continue with Locadia. "I spoke with Brighton last week," Nijkamp told various local American media. “We are not going to raise the option to buy. That is obvious. If there are other options, we may consider keeping it. So the door is not completely closed, but I think it will be difficult to keep him," said the realistic Nijkamp.

The adventure in the MLS has not turned out to be an undivided success for Locadia. The former PSV striker played a total of 24 games for Cincinnati, and did not get more than three hits. Before his rental period ends, Locadia can play three more games on behalf of the team where Jaap Stam is the head coach. Before moving to Cincinnati, the attacker played on loan for TSG Hoffenheim, where he scored five goals in 12 appearances. The attacker's salary could be a stumbling block for the Americans, as Locadia earns 2.32 million euros per year. This makes him by far the highest paid Dutchman in the competition.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The adventure in the MLS has not turned out to be an undivided success for Locadia. The former PSV striker played a total of 24 games for Cincinnati, and did not get more than three hits. Before his rental period ends, Locadia can play three more games on behalf of the team where Jaap Stam is the head coach. Before moving to Cincinnati, the attacker played on loan for TSG Hoffenheim, where he scored five goals in 12 appearances. The attacker's salary could be a stumbling block for the Americans, as Locadia earns 2.32 million euros per year. This makes him by far the highest paid Dutchman in the competition.

I'm so glad I read through this. F&*^ing priceless.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
His one saving grace (and for his undoubted shitness, it shouldn't be forgotten) was that lovely finish at Millwall without which we wouldn't have enjoyed a day at at Wembley in the FA Cup.

He has contributed pretty much nothing else. Comparisons with the VERY disappointing Ali J are actually unfair on Ali J. At least he's worked hard to stay on the fringes of the squad. Locadia just bottled it and went whinging to the press when it became obvious he wasn't doing enough. Since then, his career has nosedived. He is rubbish.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
A desperate punt that didn't work out. I feels like this is always the case for us and strikers but then I remember the good ones we sometimes land like that man from Argentina, whatever his name was.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I wish I'd failed in life as much as Locadia. 2.32m Euros a year at what he's second best at and time to enjoy his music as a sideline.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Another way of looking at it is knowing CH in theory had options a certain Mr G Murray scored quite a few to keep us in prem for first 2 seasons

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
“It is believed in the Netherlands that the only potential barrier to a move for Locadia is financial.

They would only be able to take him on loan – and even that would require Albion to be flexible.”

[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The former PSV striker played a total of 24 games for Cincinnati, and did not get more than three hits.

Enough about his DJing career. How many goals did he score in the MLS?

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
What was it, £14m, plus 4 year contract worth £2m a year so £22m? Not our best bit of business that’s for sure…

Definitely we were badly advised or didn't do due diligence in this purchase, i thought when he made his debut (although he scored) that he had a strange gait when running and looked deceptively slow for a striker, shame really but i suppose there are always mistakes to be made when trying to sign players especially forwards.
We've made some great signings and also some shite ones, he's one of the latter group. I wish him well in his future but hope he leaves sooner rather than later and this episode can be put down to experience and a marker to not do whatever the recruitment team did when scouting and deciding on him.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Must admit I quite like this time of year when we tidy up loose ends, get a few big contracts off the books on loan or out for a a modest fee like Propper this season and Duffy last. Locadia soon. Clear the decks for the incomers.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Must admit I quite like this time of year when we tidy up loose ends, get a few big contracts off the books on loan or out for a a modest fee like Propper this season and Duffy last. Locadia soon. Clear the decks for the incomers.

I got a feeling ….it’s clear the decks,but not for many incoming players,more to cover the huge COVID-19 losses.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What was it, £14m, plus 4 year contract worth £2m a year so £22m? Not our best bit of business that’s for sure…
Being fair we can take off the loan fees from Cincinatti and Hoffenheim and the unknown amount of wages that those 2 clubs contributed.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here