Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia Today

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I must have missed something with Andone. Magnificent goal v Palace but apart from that I haven't seen much at all

Reminds me of Shane long .

Horrible to play against . Not rated by many but managers love him.

I get it with Andone

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I must have missed something with Andone. Magnificent goal v Palace but apart from that I haven't seen much at all

Yeah you missed two winning goals against Hudds, games that if we had not won we would be playing Championship football this season.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
IMO there is a good player there. He is a player who needs to be playing on the front foot and half turn. CH tactics were the complete opposite. Hold the ball up play the way your facing. Times when he took a touch and moved us up the pitch he looked a good player. Trying to hold the ball and play simple passes back looked Ineffective. Hopefully GP will get us playing front foot football at pace.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Great summary, this is how I see it :thumbsup:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He has been bloody awful when given opportunities previously regardless of weight. I lost all faith in him away at Southampton in the first (part) season with us. Chance to run through on goal, he looked absolutely panicked and fell over the ball. That followed a number of anonymous performances.

He wasnt used in the best way but still struggled to show much in the way of promise.

He's looking sharper and the system and fluidity may be a big part of that. I'm hopeful from what I've seen and he owes us big time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Maybe that's down to the coaching? His thoughts to get in on goal Vs the coaching to hold the ball up, bring others in and don't loose it, resulting in :shootself

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Locadia’s touch and speed of thought is something that he doesn’t get much credit for. The ball to Murray to score from being a good example. I have missed goals like that from the Albion. There is a player of genuine quality in there, I hope Potter’s style brings it out, looks promising. If you are looking for an allrounder who defends as well as he attacks you’ll continue to be disappointed.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I'm sure there was one game last season where he very gracious allowed everyone to be right.

The first half he was seriously impressive almost, but not quite, dominating the game.
He then trotted out for the second and completely disappeared.

It's difficult to see him as the finished article earning his dream move to Utd, but I've always found it easier than many on here to see what he could do.

Kicking the ball really hard and accurately when in penalty area might not make him a complete footballer, but is easier to exploit when not playing as an auxiliary left back.

Whilst he was better last season than his first I felt he was still way off the levels expected for a regular first team place. Certainly more than one game where he convinced me it wasn't going to happen for him here. I really hope he now kicks on, he owes us big time in my opinion.

It could well have been CH not playing to his strengths and ruining confidence. We desperately need him to succeed given the outlay and the current transfer window so here's hoping, he'll have my full backing but I stand by my view of his time with us to date

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Locadia looks much the better footballer to me.

Of all the recent attacking signings Andone is the one that I remain unsure of. Way more than AJ or Locadia. He has been too hotheaded and easily frustrated for me so far. Thank feck we didn’t pay the 20 odd million we were going to before Deportivo changed their minds the season before we signed him at a relegation clause fee.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Maybe that's down to the coaching? His thoughts to get in on goal Vs the coaching to hold the ball up, bring others in and don't loose it, resulting in :shootself

Could well be right. Here's hoping he has a great season. I'm hoping for similar from AJ too, I saw more in him since his arrival but he was certainly held back by the cautious approach last season.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Of all the recent attacking signings Andone is the one that I remain unsure of. Way more than AJ or Locadia. He has been too hotheaded and easily frustrated for me so far. Thank feck we didn’t pay the 20 odd million we were going to before Deportivo changed their minds the season before we signed him at a relegation clause fee.

Just a question of tapping into that mentality and using it productively. You want him buzzing around and irritating defenders and making their life a misery. Not so much the linesman in a pre season friendly over a throw on decision in the oppo's half..... I reckon he's going to play a big part this season if that mindset can be tweaked

But yes, £20m would have been ridiculous if true.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If we had signed Locadia this summer quite sure most would be excited for the season ahead. Intelligent passer good finisher he will be in double figures this season.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

Funnily enough, i'm the opposite, i'm not writing off either of the other two but Andone has shown much more potential to me.

I think last season he was hugely frustrated, playing second fiddle to a 35 year old, who certainly in the second half of the season, wasn't exactly banging them in. When he did get a start the service to him was woeful, can also be attributed to Murrays form imo to an extent but as the season wore on, Murray was looking tired and leggy, his touch deserted him on several occasions and was often caught offside, yet he was still the go to striker, mainly because he draws fouls giving us opportunities from set pieces. In my opinion Andone would have expected to replace Murray as the first pick up top, but as i said, when he did get a chance, the service wasn't there and then he would get subbed off early.

I remember one game where he was subbed off, he walked straight past Hughton, no handshake, nothing, didn't even go near Hughton or visa versa, 10 minutes later Jahanbahksh was subbed off and was all hugs and smiles with Hughton, that summed up for me how frustrated he was. He is hot headed, he does need to watch himself a bit but i wouldn't want to take it out of him, it makes him the determined pain in the arse that defenders will hate playing against if he gets some service.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Funnily enough, i'm the opposite, i'm not writing off either of the other two but Andone has shown much more potential to me.

I think last season he was hugely frustrated, playing second fiddle to a 35 year old, who certainly in the second half of the season, wasn't exactly banging them in. When he did get a start the service to him was woeful, can also be attributed to Murrays form imo to an extent but as the season wore on, Murray was looking tired and leggy, his touch deserted him on several occasions and was often caught offside, yet he was still the go to striker, mainly because he draws fouls giving us opportunities from set pieces. In my opinion Andone would have expected to replace Murray as the first pick up top, but as i said, when he did get a chance, the service wasn't there and then he would get subbed off early.

I remember one game where he was subbed off, he walked straight past Hughton, no handshake, nothing, didn't even go near Hughton or visa versa, 10 minutes later Jahanbahksh was subbed off and was all hugs and smiles with Hughton, that summed up for me how frustrated he was. He is hot headed, he does need to watch himself a bit but i wouldn't want to take it out of him, it makes him the determined pain in the arse that defenders will hate playing against if he gets some service.

I don’t disagree about what you are saying re his game time, however he looks like red card ready to happen virtually every time he plays to me. Another one who could make the step up with Potter’s tutelage. Overall I am currently upbeat about last year’s flops and the style I have seen against lower league opposition. Gutted I won’t make the Valencia game when just how good we are or aren’t should become more apparent.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I don’t disagree about what you are saying re his game time, however he looks like red card ready to happen virtually every time he plays to me. Another one who could make the step up with Potter’s tutelage. Overall I am currently upbeat about last year’s flops and the style I have seen against lower league opposition. Gutted I won’t make the Valencia game when just how good we are or aren’t should become more apparent.

Agreed completely, wish the Valencia game was over here, then i would definitely make it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If we had signed Locadia this summer quite sure most would be excited for the season ahead. Intelligent passer good finisher he will be in double figures this season.

Yes and we all were when we signed him, he even started well against Coventry, but slowly his shortcomings were realised.

He has always excelled against lower standard teams, and there’s no doubt seems on fire this pre-season, I just hope he can do it when it matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Agree about Andone, his temperament is very suspect. If Potter can control that he really is a wizard :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes and we all were when we signed him, he even started well against Coventry, but slowly his shortcomings were realised.

He has always excelled against lower standard teams, and there’s no doubt seems on fire this pre-season, I just hope he can do it when it matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems like his shortcomings were quickly realised and playing to them became his gameplan. :facepalm:

Anyhoo it's nice to have the discussion about the positives and negatives in his game without having to fend off:-

Get rid.
Shitehouse.
Shitehouse league.
Wannabe DJ.
"Not even a footballer"

Long may it continue.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agree about Andone, his temperament is very suspect. If Potter can control that he really is a wizard :lol:

I'd like to think he was very frustrated, last season.
Maybe he's a tantrum and tiara, heart on sleeve fella, who wouldn't hurt a fly when everything is going his way, but ...

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I really like him.
Strong, direct, intelligent, good finisher.
He deserves a good go in this fluid front three we seem to be going for. He and Trossard seemed to 'get it' (that is, Potterball), the most yesterday. They made instinctive movements, decisive positional changes, seemed to have more awareness of others around them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here