dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
striker & CB cover.

Our left wing is abit skinny too :jester:

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Would like to see some of the youth/ development squad being sent out. I appreciate that the management want to keep them playing the Poyet way, but feel they could benefit from some competetive action, and dont think it hurts to be exposed to different styles of play.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Gus isn't opposed to loan signings. He's opposed to short-term loan signings, as Lualua and Wood shows.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Get Ricardo Fuller in on loan for the rest of the season, would be immence. Clearly dropped out of the pecking order at Stoke and is of an age where you would think he would want first team football.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
the immediate talk post deadline day was that we might go for Paynter on loan but I wonder if now there aren't bigger fish in the pond altogether?

talk of someone like Lukaku may be fanciful but the mention of players like Fuller and Beattie and the like seems much more realistic.

not convinced at the need for centre back cover now with Dunk having come through so quickly. El Abd is back in light training I believe and altthough Elphick has reportedly had a setback, we should have enough. I would like to see a full back as cover though................................

going out on loan? Jamie Smith with a view to a permanent deal...........Agdestein or Barker......Cook and Kasim....................Forster-Caskey.
but only if they are going to play (or at least challenge). No point for them to sit on the bench anywhere

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I guess the likes of JFC and Cook need to go on loan for a bit, as they need to be playing football, though it is a shame.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I guess the likes of JFC and Cook need to go on loan for a bit, as they need to be playing football, though it is a shame.

I agree. I wouldn't mind sending them to a League 1 or 2 side that is interested in playing football. Not sure who exactly but they are both class acts and regular football would really benefit them. A shame we can't offer it here to them at present but very excited about both of them as future prospects.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
JFC, Cook/Elphick when fit, Smith, Kasim Poke possibly Adgestein or Barker to go out on loan possibly help somebody out like Plymouth where they will get games even if not in the Gus mould it is competitive games and wouldn't take them long to get back into the Gus routine on their return.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here