Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loanees - Who should we be striving most to keep?

Which loanees should we be putting the most EFFORT in to keep?

• Robbie Savage

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Joe Anyinsah

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Kevin Thornton

Votes: 36 63.2%

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What do you think?

In my eyes we've got to try and keep hold of at least one, to gain some kind of continuity in the starting line up past October.

Obviously I'd love it to be Savage, but I can't see it happening wages-wise so I'm asking realistically who should we be putting all our efforts into keeping on loan/getting a permanent deal for (out of the following)?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry - it should read LOANEE - singular.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Thornton, is the one that can make things tick and win us a game out of nothing. The one that can score goals, create goals, and cause the most havoc amungst the opposition!

I would make him the priority, then Anyinsah, then Richards, then Savage.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Who voted for Savage?:jester:

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
Thornton does look classy, but Joe terrorised Dunne, Ben-Haim et al, and is strong and committed.

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
I think Anyinsah is probably the more likely of the three. Struggled to get a look in at Preston - been loaned out to four clubs in two years so he might be looking for more stability. Definitely worth pursuing.

Thornton is capable of playing at Championship level and he knows it, Cov fans love him, just couldn't see him being willing to drop down a level on a permenant basis. All efforts should be made to extend the loan though.

Savage isn't gonna happen. Wages.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I think Anyinsah is probably the more likely of the three. Struggled to get a look in at Preston - been loaned out to four clubs in two years so he might be looking for more stability. Definitely worth pursuing.

Thornton is capable of playing at Championship level and he knows it, Cov fans love him, just couldn't see him being willing to drop down a level on a permenant basis. All efforts should be made to extend the loan though.

Savage isn't gonna happen. Wages.

Sums it up pretty well

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I voted Thornton, but truth told, I think that they are all very good additions and would be pleased if any of them stayed.

A nice 'wish list' to choose from. Realistically, we ought to be looking at who we would want to retain into a future squad, who would we build a team around?
So, that takes Savage out of the running, and there are JA and KT.
Like most of us here would probably agree, both of them would make for a fine addition to our squad. So with that in mind, I can't choose between them, so I'll have to not vote.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In an ideal world i would love to sign Ayinsah permanantly, which is possible and feasible and then sign Thornton on a season long loan. Extend Savages loan to Christmas and then somebody could buy him from Derby in January. I would expect anybody considering signing him in January would want to take him on loan first to check him out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here