Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loanee left back

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
That is true but we do not have many options. I think that against Derby we will play 4-5-1 and possibly put Ince and or Holla or even possibly Crofts in midfield. I think Holla could be the man to play left midfield to support Calderon. If you add 2 of those 3 it means leaving out either Murphy or March as well as a striker. Although we could have the option on the bench if it is needed to get back a goal.

Not sure what the answer is BG.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
What has Adam Chicksen done to everyone on here? The one time I watched him play, it was when Ward got injured very early against Blackpool. He kept Tom Ince quiet all game.

Indeed he did, I'd probably just prefer him to Calderon.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Time to bring Tarrico back :lolol:

Seriously, there must be a free agent left back somewhere in the world, that we could afford, who could fill in for a month ? ???

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Seriously, there must be a free agent left back somewhere in the world, that we could afford, who could fill in for a month?
Possibly there is, but if they're a free agent they're going to take at least a month to get match fit. We've got Calde, and we've got Chicksen as back up should Calde also fall to the curse of the left backs. We're just going to have to manage.
OK, worst case scenario - we might lose at Derby - but that was never going to be a nailed-on win anyway, was it?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Possibly there is, but if they're a free agent they're going to take at least a month to get match fit. We've got Calde, and we've got Chicksen as back up should Calde also fall to the curse of the left backs. We're just going to have to manage.
OK, worst case scenario - we might lose at Derby - but that was never going to be a nailed-on win anyway, was it?

If the worst case is that we lose to Derby, then I reckon many would take that.

7 tricky fixtures until the transfer window opens ( including Wolves on Jan 1 ).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why would we do that ?... 442 is working like a dream.

We can play on the counter attack even more effective away from home with Wilson in the line up, stick with whats been working i say.

But it wont work againt a team like Derby who have a very strong atracking midfield with Ince and the right back Christie? attacking our left side knowing we have a weakness there. If we can hold out for a draw that will be brilliant and beyond belief that we could win.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Seriously, there must be a free agent left back somewhere in the world, that we could afford, who could fill in for a month ? ???

I am sure CH is chasing all options. I am bullied by the fact of him saying at the end of the loan window he was still searching for a left back whether he meant for now or January not sure.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If the worst case is that we lose to Derby, then I reckon many would take that.

7 tricky fixtures until the transfer window opens ( including Wolves on Jan 1 ).

Alright, OK - we could lose all seven. Not that I expect us to - I mentioned Derby specifically because the main cause of twisted knickers on here deemed to be a dread of what Derby's right wing would do to poor old Calde. Of course it would be better if we had Bong and LR fit, but they're not, and the seven fixtures coming up were always likely to be tricky anyway - as of now, we'll just have to manage with what we've got.
I think we can trust CH to make the best possible use of what we've got. Go Calde go! - we might even pick up a few points from these matches!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Alright, OK - we could lose all seven. Not that I expect us to - I mentioned Derby specifically because the main cause of twisted knickers on here deemed to be a dread of what Derby's right wing would do to poor old Calde. Of course it would be better if we had Bong and LR fit, but they're not, and the seven fixtures coming up were always likely to be tricky anyway - as of now, we'll just have to manage with what we've got.
I think we can trust CH to make the best possible use of what we've got. Go Calde go! - we might even pick up a few points from these matches!

If Calde was right back then I wouldn't be too nervous, but in my opinion he has never really shone on the left for us.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If Calde was right back then I wouldn't be too nervous, but in my opinion he has never really shone on the left for us.

Maybe not - but he's our third choice left back. Our first and second choices are out, so we have to play the third choice - that's what he's there for.
And, to be honest, as a third choice, he's not bad - I doubt if there are many better third choice left backs in the division anyway!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here