Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan Window

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012
Not a rumour and wouldn't be a loan either but florent sinama pongolle (ex Liverpool) is a free agent now. Capped for France, has a champions league winners medel, should fit in well and only 27! Went for a similar fee as Lopez a few years ago. Hard to know who is beyond us anymore. Though was still comical seein some fans think we could get essien and then he eventually went to Madrid!
Only problem from memory he is not a target man seem to recall under 5'10"!

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Interestingly Chris Wood retweeted a Brighton fan on twitter, the brighton fan said he would love CW to come back to Brighton. Possibility.

toff79

Aug 8, 2011
vellios at Everton would be a fantastic signing not a rumour just a suggestion in case Gus is reading

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Usually a week after the window closes I think? Or maybe a week today actually, it wouldn't open on a friday I wouldn't have thought.

It does in fact open on Friday.

Loans for maximum 93 days and cannot be recalled before 28 days.

This type of loan to be stopped after next season.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Chris Wood = not a target man (he could be, but doesn't use his physical stature that well IMHO)...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Interestingly Chris Wood retweeted a Brighton fan on twitter, the brighton fan said he would love CW to come back to Brighton. Possibility.

Perhaps I'm in a minority, but I'd be happy if we got Wood back.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Perhaps I'm in a minority, but I'd be happy if we got Wood back.

I was not overly impressed with his all round performances for us in L1 (see my earlier post)... that said, he scored lots of goals... pleased we didn't get him back for the Championship, then he went to Brum in the Championship and scored loads of goals again, then tailed off badly (like he did for us)... gotta say, I'd be rather underwhelmed if he came back...

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012

A few tweets before that he also retweets one along the lines of 'Zigic gone would love to see you at Brum again'!

Can't see it myself happening to us.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Not a rumour or inside knowledge or anything, but I would like us to get Andrea Wiemann in on loan from Aston Villa or John Guidetti from Man City.

Both young strikers 6ft+, and unlikely to get any real first team games this season.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
I am missing all the outrageous rumours on here. So which target men might be available on loan from a Premiership club ?

Is it actually a target man we were after though? Or rather a link player for CMS?

Dobbie is supposed to operate very well as the latter. If Dobbie played in the middle with CMS, Buckley, Barnes, Lua Lua etc running off him either side this could potentially work without having to change our formation.

More strength in depth is obviously always useful though, and more aerial presence wouldn't go amis, but I doubt we will be using this supposed target man in the way that West Ham plan to use Carroll, with people feeding off scraps around him. Most of our play will still be to feet, and surely Dobbie fits that role.

loving this video - not sure about the dubstep though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awo0l6lZ-mE

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Chris Wood would be a definite improvement on Paynter and Vokes who we have tried recently but am hoping for something or body a little more exciting as a plan B if needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here