Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan signings - what g'wan?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
McGhee was banging on about getting a striker in on loan last week, is he still looking?

Personally, if he's going to sign someone, I'd like to see a left sided midfielder bought so that we can start playing our biggest goal threat up front again.

No f***ing wonder Leon isn't signing his contract while being played on the LEFT WING. THere must be loads of young midfielders knocking about the Premiership reserve sides, what happened to our links with Arsenal.

Something needs to be done.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
McGhee is trying to accomodate McGammon, Virgs and Leon.

Somethings gotta give.

I still say stick with Virgs and Leon.

McGammon on the bench so he can rough up defenders for the last half hour or so when Virgs comes off having bagged a couple!

larus

I would put LK in a free role roaming behind a front 2. 3-4-1-2.

Out on the left wing, we reduce his effectiveness. Let him drift in a role similar to Beardsley. He would then stand more chance of getting into goal-scoring opportunities, and would still be able to drift out to the flanks and whip in those f***ing good crosses.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Leon has looked pretty good on the left wing as he seems to get more involved in the game and is a quality crosser of the ball. The only down side is that he isnt the best at covering Harding which maybe partly why he looks so exposed.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I agree with Larus.

I posted on the 'Team for Reading' thread that we should play 3-4-1-2 and let Leon go wherever he likes. That way he is going to be harder to mark. Last night every time he got the ball there were two Wigan players on him straight away.

Thing with a loan signing is that they probably wont have played many games and so need three of four games to get up to match fitness. Not sure we can afford to carry them for that.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
brightonfan_86 said:
Leon has a really great corner kick. But i would like to see Virgs go at the back with Mcammon and Knight up front. Leon can still take his corners.

I thought his corners were pretty average. McCammons movement made a couple look good.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Voroshilov said:
I thought his corners were pretty average. McCammons movement made a couple look good.

THAT is the single FUNNIEST thing I have EVER read on here.

Has London Irish tapped into your account?

McCammon's heading made our ballboys look good.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Leon's crossing was top-notch last night - I'd like to see him as part of a front two. Granted, we won't have the same options to aim for in the box, but we've got to get back to being more defensive & nicking those 1-0/1-1s. Scoring two against Wigan's good, but it won't keep us up if we keep letting them in. Virgs back to defence would be a good start.

Infernal Optimist

Aug 15, 2003
I thought Leon was MOM. I was also surprised that Reid got the hook and that Charlie finished the game.

Leon supplied any number of excellent crosses into the box. Booking was nonsense but there is no dividing line now I thought there was contact but he played for it. Harding did get exposed but his positioning and decision making still needs work/experience.

3-4-1-2 might work but is this the time to try something new? I would go back to 3-5-2 but with Mayo on the left of a 3 and Virgo/Knight up front.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Richie Morris said:
THAT is the single FUNNIEST thing I have EVER read on here.

Has London Irish tapped into your account?

McCammon's heading made our ballboys look good.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, you know forgive a few mistakes make allowances for differences of opinion, but with the exception of the obviously mad (mentioning no names, but begins with a P) you have to be the biggest tit posting on the site.

On another thread you had a spat with LI, and the main thrust of your criticism is that he does exactly what you've done in your post about me.

Might I suggest you

a) Read posts properly

b) Think before you answer.

I understand now why so many other posters give you so much stick.

I stand by my original point, McCammons movement made the chances as much Knights delivery and several of his corners were plain rubbish, with no pace that just balloned into the box.

Please try and resist another childish reply.

Last edited:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Well said Voroshilov. Makes Morris look as much of a clown as when he tries to fit in over on NSP....

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Voroshilov said:
I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, you know forgive a few mistakes make allowances for differences of opinion, but with the exception of the obviously mad (mentioning no names, but begins with a P) you have to be the biggest tit posting on the site.

Cant disagree with anything written here.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Knight is far more effective on the left in my opinion. Yes the thought of Leon going up front and banging in the goals left right and centre again is a magical one but . . . the facts are a goal return of 4? from the season (mostly played up front) says its own story. McCammon only one goal behind in far less games and Virgs ahead. I say stick with these two unless we can sign something better, I thought last night McCammon / Virgo actually caused Wigan a few probs and against a lesser team / another day may have scored a few more. Arguement for Virgs to go back in defence but I don't believe we have major problems back there (which sounds silly) , we just need to tighten up which we know is possible , McGhee should spend this week working tirelessly to do this.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Quantum said:
Knight is far more effective on the left in my opinion. Yes the thought of Leon going up front and banging in the goals left right and centre again is a magical one but . . . the facts are a goal return of 4? from the season (mostly played up front) says its own story. McCammon only one goal behind in far less games and Virgs ahead. I say stick with these two unless we can sign something better, I thought last night McCammon / Virgo actually caused Wigan a few probs and against a lesser team / another day may have scored a few more. Arguement for Virgs to go back in defence but I don't believe we have major problems back there (which sounds silly) , we just need to tighten up which we know is possible , McGhee should spend this week working tirelessly to do this.

Virgo at the back means a 5 man defence with which we went unbeaten for 7 games. With 4-4-2 we leak goals like nobody's business.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Virgo at the back means a 5 man defence with which we went unbeaten for 7 games. With 4-4-2 we leak goals like nobody's business.

Damn right. Not only does five at the back strengthen an area we need to foucs on-conceding goals- it would also see two of our maligned players: Reid and Harding, combine their defensive attributes with the ability to support the midfield in attack more.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
ChapmansThe Saviour said:

I know where you're coming from and I can see this being the answer away from home but my arguement against this at home is that we need to have Hart in the team as a goalscoringish threat from midfield and I'm assuming with 5 at the back you are prob having Oatway , Chippy and Nicolas in midfield.
Hammond scoring last night gives further food for thought....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here