Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan signing

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
not even worth the rant but good to see that all the frustrations of missing out on a striker last week, We've at least used the last 7 days busting a gut to sign somebody and have them unveiled today.

Bollox innit

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I was thinking about posting the same thing.It's all bullshit mate from the club.You would of thought they would of been on the phone all day monday trying to bring in a new player or two

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Starry said:
Isn't it tomorrow the loan window opens?

Well that answers my question then:lol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Starry said:
Isn't it tomorrow the loan window opens?
It is indeed.
But I'd like to think that McGhee has spent the last 7 days on the phone busily laying the foundations, so that on Friday all he needs to do is dot the i's and cross the t's on the loan signings we desperately need to bring in for this Saturdays game.

SURELY thats whats been happening, right ?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Easy 10 said:
It is indeed.
But I'd like to think that McGhee has spent the last 7 days on the phone busily laying the foundations, so that on Friday all he needs to do is dot the i's and cross the t's on the loan signings we desperately need to bring in for this Saturdays game.

What time is the cut off for a new player to play on sat?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dunno.
Team sheet has to be in an hour before kickoff, havn't we got until then ? If not, why not ?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Kinky Gerbils said:

Can you email the club Easy to remind them;)

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Kinky Gerbils said:

Dont think thats a hard and fast rule, I think its at the League's discretion

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Easy 10 said:
It is indeed.

I think you will find has been 'laying the foundations' of DK's conservatory.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Any loan player that would be available for saturday should have been completed by now behind the scenes and announced first thing. If this is not the case, expect the usual, bugger all or some desperate signing.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I was a loan boyfriend for the beginning of a season in the early 21st Century. I remember a round of applause and some fun in the dressing rooms when i first arrived. I even had a t-shirt with my title, Sir Spoonabot, stitched onto the sleeves. On my opening evening, though, i strolled to the pitchside with a plastic beaker full of water with a flavour, waved at anyone who may take an interest and mounted the grass. Within sweaty seconds i was substituted and returned to the bench with all and local sundry displeased with all i'd done in a short period. I spent the rest of that month in training with the other lads and rubber hoops, but never got the chance i and my nerves needed. Sometimes, its just too easy to be rubbished by those who've never really taken time to get to know you or see the special way you tie your boots.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Dougal said:
not even worth the rant but good to see that all the frustrations of missing out on a striker last week, We've at least used the last 7 days busting a gut to sign somebody and have them unveiled today.

Bollox innit

Are you surprised? :censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here