Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan players.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Crawley were keen to loan Marney a couple of season ago. Maybe they would take Molango.

If he is not going to get a game with us at the moment he would be better off playing in the conference and toughening up.

Crawley might not have lots of money to pay his wages but our money would be better spent with him playing regularly then not even getting on our bench.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We have had part of the summer (since Big Chris left), and several months of the season to sort out a target man... sorry, the club are just not moving quickly enough for me... :angry: :angry:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
b.w.2. said:
We have had part of the summer (since Big Chris left), and several months of the season to sort out a target man... sorry, the club are just not moving quickly enough for me... :angry: :angry:

Where do you suggest they find one better than what we have?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I'm I the only one seeing this but.....

If we go down at the end of the season we're likely to lose ten players and the manager. If we do that then next season we could be looking at youth players and a crap manager... ergo Conference here we come.

This would also give addeed incentive for Prescott to say ' they don't need a stadium becasue they are not going anywhere' ergo (again!) we loser Falmer because we're incapable of staying in the Championship.

Based on this is it not better to let out moeny now to try and save the club (we're talkign one striker here... not six or seven superstars) than keeping it back on the 'chance' that we'll get Falmer?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:

If we go down at the end of the season we're likely to lose ten players and the manager. If we do that then next season we could be looking at youth players and a crap manager... ergo Conference here we come.

This would also give addeed incentive for Prescott to say ' they don't need a stadium becasue they are not going anywhere' ergo (again!) we loser Falmer because we're incapable of staying in the Championship.

Based on this is it not better to let out moeny now to try and save the club (we're talkign one striker here... not six or seven superstars) than keeping it back on the 'chance' that we'll get Falmer?

:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

If one of the seven chosen sites is suitable for a ground then we will build one there. If, in the probable event that they are not, we will build our stadium at Falmer.

If we are in the Premiership or the Conference South we will build it at one of those eight sites.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
My writing egt the best of me... substitute 'Falmer' for 'stadium'... otherwise same argument.:wave:

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford

Well said Sully, perfectly summarised. We're not asking for much except some reasonably priced, peferably proven striker to bag a few goals or set up a few so we win the necessary games to stay 4th from bottom. This gives Prescott enough pressure to give us our stadium, wherever that may be within B&H.

I personally don't think it is a great gamble but a sensible one. If the A&K fund went towards the playing budget a few more would probably contribute but most of us suspect that it will go in the lawyers pockets - again. I don't doubt that McGhee has tried to get someone within the current budget but they are not there so additional (Short-term) funds need to be found somehow.

I don't think we live in cloud cuckoo land to request one player to be added to a now depleted squad so we can continue to support the team at great venues like Sunderland, Derby, Leeds etc. Surely since the start of the season we have lost Rodger, Blackwell and Lee so their wages should be available at least in part, as probably had to pay more for Alexis.

:p :smokin:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
binary said:
Well said Sully, perfectly summarised. We're not asking for much except some reasonably priced, peferably proven striker to bag a few goals or set up a few so we win the necessary games to stay 4th from bottom. This gives Prescott enough pressure to give us our stadium, wherever that may be within B&H.

I personally don't think it is a great gamble but a sensible one. If the A&K fund went towards the playing budget a few more would probably contribute but most of us suspect that it will go in the lawyers pockets - again. I don't doubt that McGhee has tried to get someone within the current budget but they are not there so additional (Short-term) funds need to be found somehow.

I don't think we live in cloud cuckoo land to request one player to be added to a now depleted squad so we can continue to support the team at great venues like Sunderland, Derby, Leeds etc. Surely since the start of the season we have lost Rodger, Blackwell and Lee so their wages should be available at least in part, as probably had to pay more for Alexis.

:p :smokin:

prepare to be flamed boys :flameboun you cannot challenge the wisdom of the board

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
My writing egt the best of me... substitute 'Falmer' for 'stadium'... otherwise same argument.:wave:

Wtf?

What division we are playing in has no bearing on where we build our stadium. :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here