Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan players.

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
It is clear from Saturday that we must get a minimum of one if not two strikers if we are going to stay in this league. The only difference between Crewe and us was the ability of Ashton and Rivers to find the onion bag.

Additionally, I am worried that since Cullip returned we've got 0 points and leaked 8 goals. He certainly looks out of touch if not out of his depth!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
My point is at the start of the season when we weren't making any signings I was told to shut up as I am sure we will get some loan players in to cover our short comings. We have signed Molango, Jarrett, Nicolas and Curry.

Curry and Nicolas seem to be doing well at this level. Jarrett is a 100% attacking player that whilst creates chances always leaves as exposed at the back. Molango could be on holiday for all we know, as we never see him.

If we are not able to loan players then can we at least loan out our spares in order to improve them and give then some match fitness.

piercy, Molango, Robinson and Watson would all benefit from being loaned out. I'm sure Crawely or lewes would be happy to have them for a while.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Think it may be time to drop Cullip for Hinsh at some point but there will probably be uproar because he is the captain.

Would like to see Molango given another run in the team. He looked like he is pretty fit when he was running around the pitch with Jonesy at Crewe last month for best part of an hour.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Jones is another that is not getting a look in. Loan him OUT!

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Stinky Kat said:
No loan players no more championship football come May

Oh dear. When are you going to realise that the board do not desire Championship football. It's "Falmer for Conference" (football if we're lucky or if not a stamp collectors meeting) that we are fighting for. At least there'll be a roof over our heads.

In fact i am going to think of a unique way of contacting John Prescott to see if he can ensure we are relegated before christmas to put me out of my misery!!!!!!!!!!!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Lammy said:

piercy, Molango,[Jones] Robinson and Watson would all benefit from being loaned out. I'm sure Crawely or lewes would be happy to have them for a while.

If only the loan system was so simple.

We just expect there to be a striker sitting in someone's reserve team whose club would be happy for us to take him, and even pay his wages while we have him.

Yet you expect Crawley and Lewes to take (and probably pay for) some of our players who aren't in the team at the moment; players who are probably on good money too.

If we then came into an injury crisis, would only take a couple of knocks and a suspension you'd be the first to moan about no instant recall of loanees in the first month.

I think Molango may benefit from some football to toughen him up but I very much doubt any of the others would be able to find anywhere to take them, or want to go on loan.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Seagullible said:
Jones is injured at the mo, Hart suspended but was surprised none of Molango, Robinson or Harrett on the bench but the McGhee is in charge and sure he knows what he's doing. As Mickey woul;d say - keep the faith

It's comments like this that makes me wonder why you bother to join a forum like this.

Whenever a discussion is opened to debate the goings on at the club and question some management decisions we will always get some bright spark that will say "McGhee is incharge and I'm sure he knows what he is doing"

:rolleyes:

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
fatboy said:

We just expect there to be a striker sitting in someone's reserve team whose club would be happy for us to take him, and even pay his wages while we have him.
A point lost on some of the callers who whinge after the match about why havent we got a striker in yet. Does Mcghee no know about this mystery pool of quality strikers that these callers obviously do?! :angry:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
fatboy said:

Yet you expect Crawley and Lewes to take (and probably pay for) some of our players who aren't in the team at the moment; players who are probably on good money too.

If we then came into an injury crisis, would only take a couple of knocks and a suspension you'd be the first to moan about no instant recall of loanees in the first month.

I think Molango may benefit from some football to toughen him up but I very much doubt any of the others would be able to find anywhere to take them, or want to go on loan.

I don't expect there to be a striker sitting there doing nothing that will be the answer to our prayers. But there must be someone in division 2 that can do a job to cover a defender that is doing a job as a striker???

Also with regards to us loaning out players, why would we expect them to pay any money? We ALREADY are paying their wages for them to languish in the reserves. I'd much rather have us paying their wages to see them get some first team football and match fitness. If we have an injury crisis we call them back. Simple.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Lammy said:
I don't expect there to be a striker sitting there doing nothing that will be the answer to our prayers. But there must be someone in division 2 that can do a job to cover a defender that is doing a job as a striker???

Also with regards to us loaning out players, why would we expect them to pay any money? We ALREADY are paying their wages for them to languish in the reserves. I'd much rather have us paying their wages to see them get some first team football and match fitness. If we have an injury crisis we call them back. Simple.

You did not read my post.

There is no instant recall in the first month of a loan so we would not be able to recall any players. We do not want another situation where we loan out Kuipers to Hull and then have to loan in Flitney.

What do you mean by Division Two? Our Division? I doubt anyone will be prepared to lend to a club in the same division, and is there really anyone surplus to requirements who would do better than our top scorer? Most clubs in this league are bigger than us and can afford to pay their players decent wages. We cannot match these.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Lammy said:
It's comments like this that makes me wonder why you bother to join a forum like this.

Whenever a discussion is opened to debate the goings on at the club and question some management decisions we will always get some bright spark that will say "McGhee is incharge and I'm sure he knows what he is doing"

:rolleyes:
lets ask the Millwall fans if he knew what he was doing up there, before they got rid! i think he's now realised just what the job here now entails and why the other managers jumped ship

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here