Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan players could be back

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If DW had stayed in charge, anything less than top 6 [ie an improvement on this season] would have been considered a failure. Is that not still the case?

That is a bloody good point and worth a thread on its own.

What would be classed as success/failure under Adams? Anything less than automatic promotion now surely or at least COMFORTABLY in the play offs. No last day scraping in or anything...

Skidmarks

Feb 12, 2008
Woolworths
Whats with all this 'I'd love Westlake back' business?. He wasn't anything special and proved the whole time he played on the wing for us, he wasn't a natural winger lacking in pace and involvement.
If he were to come back I do hope MA plays him in his more natural attacking mid-field position where he picked up the player of the season award at Ipswich, but otherwise its pace and natural width which the team clearly lack and Westlake is not one to fill those missing attributes.

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
If DW had stayed in charge, anything less than top 6 [ie an improvement on this season] would have been considered a failure. Is that not still the case?

I would be amazed if we finished in the play-offs. The league is much better this year and I would think we would do well if we finished in the 10. Would have thought the same under Wilkins.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. He was absolutely furious that the fans were singing 'we are going up' before the game had even started, so I understand what he is saying completely.

QUOTE]

Well he's a twat if he can get angry about fans being so enthusiastic, that was a fantastic day out apart from the result and the vocal support was amazing, maybe he should have concentrated on that instead of being the dour Northerner that I think he is. I always got the impression when he was here that he thought we were Micky Mouse and his ambitions stretched way beyond us, he's only back because he's not as good as he thought and we are the best offer he's had...imo.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton

For me yes very much so, The clearout has left him with wages of 10 players he can spend on 5 QUALITY players. Not too sure what kind of value he will go for but preferably ex championship players if poss.

We need to finish top 6 next year or i think MA will see that as a big failure!

Hopefully the signings will come sooner rather than later so the squad are settled for the start of the pre season training as the longer the better imo

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I buy the idea that League 1 will be stronger overall because we're losing real dross at the bottom and getting Peterborough, MK Dons from League 2, but I don't think it will be any stronger at the top end.

Swansea, Forest, Donny, Leeds are all decent sides. If Leeds do go up I think we've got as good a chance as anyone else in the division bar Leicester.

You mean we aren't signing Ronaldinho, Kaka, Drogba and Thuram? :down:

no, the rumours arent true :(

though i wouldnt want drogba here anyways. In the immortal words of Mick Foley "I wouldnt piss on him if he were on fire"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here