Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan player, loan players and more bloody players

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Quite sensible taking loan players from higher division clubs as the skill level is always higher than we can afford, OK they may cost a bit more in wages but we don't have to blow £400,000 on someone we think is good, only to find out they aren't and are tied into a 3 year contract, you cannot sell them and their interest/effort in the club drops, better a loanee you can return until we can afford real quality, and lets face it how many players really bleed the club colours rather than the colour of £50 notes anyway.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Former Albion left back Dan Harding has added his name to the long list of Football League players looking for a new club.

The 25-year-old defender was released yesterday by Ipswich, where he runs out of contract this summer.

Harding made 56 League starts for the Seagulls, where he came through the youth ranks, and helped them to promotion before raking in an £850,000 transfer fee when he moved to Leeds four years ago. He played just once for Ipswich last season.

HA HA f*** YOU ****.

What goes around comes around. Well deserved you TOSSER.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I have to agree with HseagullsH and Goldstone, short term loans, in my opinion, add very little to the team unless they are there to cover a temporary injury/suspension crisis. Year-long loans and entirely different, they cannot be called back unless injured and as such really are no different to a year-long signing. Like other players in ther squad they will not want a relegation on their record and also like other players they will want to be part of a promotion winning team.

Truth! :clap:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
More complaining, what a surprise.

Perhaps it would do you and others well to be able to distinguish between complaining and sensible discussion. Obviously you're going to have two points of view in an argument but it's not like anyone is slating the club here, it's just a fairly reasonable discussion of the merits of loan players.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
After all the criticism the club took for the amount of loanees we had last season, the talk on NSC has been of taking two players on loan from Arsenal and now a goalkeeper on loan from Portsmouth. Will BHA be going down the same path again??? Where will it ever end. How long before we get a loan Manager?

I, like you, am not a fan of too many loan players.

However, Premiership youngsters are different to the crap Adams brought in. In the past we had Martin Keon, Paul Dickoff (I seam to remember), Bobby Zamora (from a FL team), Leon Knight (did really well on loan... ...), Steve Sidwell and many others. I'm not against loan players - particularly if they are available to buy like Sidwell was.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Perhaps it would do you and others well to be able to distinguish between complaining and sensible discussion. Obviously you're going to have two points of view in an argument but it's not like anyone is slating the club here, it's just a fairly reasonable discussion of the merits of loan players.

Well I don't see an argument and it seems everyone thinks that the two arsenal guys would be a good signings on season long loans so its not really being debated, and if you didn't cut out the bottom of that post you would know I WAS infact debating it.
:annoyed:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here