Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan market

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With COG gone on loan, some will say thank goodness, CH must have a loan option in mind as he obviously doesn't rate Colunga .Id sign Nolan and approach Bournemouth about Kermognant or Charlton about Ventokele who is not an ever present in their side.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Biggest load of drivel I've read on here for ages ? Presume you don't actually get to games ?

Baldock has been superb this season, his movement and pace have given us a totally new dimension in the final third, Wolves away just proves how pivotal he is in the side and how much we miss him when he doesn't play.

Goals will come but he offers so so much more than just goals.
I'm not concerned if you diaagree. I've been to all the home games and he has been ok, without scoring goals. I don't think he's doing anything to justify the lack of criticism over his finishing, which has been really poor this season. He has a nice touch and can pass a ball but at this level, that's not really enough for me.
This, by the bucket load.
Don't you think she should have scored more goals by now? In a top of the table team creating 2/3 chances for him per game?

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Ninja Elephant;7093752 Don't you think she should have scored more goals by now? In a top of the table team creating 2/3 chances for him per game?[/QUOTE said:
I am assuming you are referring to Baldock if so ,I think you will find he is the one creating chances .

I think Baldock is a totally different player compared to last season. His pace is frightening defences, and his movement is excellent. He might not be scoring, but he is crating chances. I think once he scores, it will give him confidence to score more. But I don't think he's the long term answer, because as quick as he is, he is not a natural goalscorer, and he will never score enough goals.
It does baffle me though, why we have a player like Colunga, and we are not using him? He would be a perfect fit alongside Hemed or Zamora. If Hughton doesn't want him, send him out on loan and bring someone else in. But I think we'll struggle to find anyone better, unless one of the premier league clubs have a young superstar that they think needs some game time, and if that was the case they are probably already loaned out!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
It's quite amazing to see us at the top of the league and long may it last .... BUT it is quite clear what we need to do more of (if we are to stay up there), and that is score more goals. Middlesboro's 3-0 victory today over Leeds highlights the fact that we're not scoring nearly enough goals. No victories by more than a one goal margin says it all.

Does it require another striker or winger on loan? Maybe. The central midfield looks strong and the defence is great, but we must score more goals if our aim really is promotion.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I think Baldock is a totally different player compared to last season. His pace is frightening defences, and his movement is excellent. He might not be scoring, but he is crating chances. I think once he scores, it will give him confidence to score more. But I don't think he's the long term answer, because as quick as he is, he is not a natural goalscorer, and he will never score enough goals.
It does baffle me though, why we have a player like Colunga, and we are not using him? He would be a perfect fit alongside Hemed or Zamora. If Hughton doesn't want him, send him out on loan and bring someone else in. But I think we'll struggle to find anyone better, unless one of the premier league clubs have a young superstar that they think needs some game time, and if that was the case they are probably already loaned out!

think you have summed it up perfectly, if a little elongated......Baldock = Striker = should score goals..not producing.....Colunga - striker = for whatever reason not being used. Simple

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I think this is a critical time to get one or two players in. They need to be really high calibre but i think that will really help the momentum which feels like its tapering off. Come on, this is the year, no messing

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
25 more wins by 1 goal would do us but I can understand the view that we need to score more goals but where are those potential goalscorers. I think that if we are near the top at Christmas TB will dig deep in his pocket to keep us there.

I would have liked to sign Nugent but he has passed. How about a cheeky approach for Ulloa on loan, probably not get him but worth a try.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
25 more wins by 1 goal would do us but I can understand the view that we need to score more goals but where are those potential goalscorers. I think that if we are near the top at Christmas TB will dig deep in his pocket to keep us there.

I would have liked to sign Nugent but he has passed. How about a cheeky approach for Ulloa on loan, probably not get him but worth a try.

Leo Ulloa in this team would be fantastic, he isn't playing at Leicester so a loan deal might not be completely out of the question. We know how good he is, and he'd definitely be a starter for us ahead Hemed or Baldock. The only problem is do we really want to have 4 strikers on fairly significant wages? Can the budget support it without shipping out Colunga to save some money, we're still paying him a decent sum every week with no return, he's a drain on the resources at the moment, I'd stick him in the squad and tell him to get on with it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Biggest load of drivel I've read on here for ages ? Presume you don't actually get to games ?

Baldock has been superb this season, his movement and pace have given us a totally new dimension in the final third, Wolves away just proves how pivotal he is in the side and how much we miss him when he doesn't play.

Goals will come but he offers so so much more than just goals.

This, by the bucket load.

Absolutely! I'm glad people can realise that football is about much more than who gets the goals! Baldock has been a revelation this season in his proper position. Only criticism is he's missed a couple of good chances JUST wide, but also put a similar chance away v Fulham. Baldock has been as impressive & important as Hemed this season for me... Both been great...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

I don't think Baldock is quick enough for running off the shoulder of a Championship central defender. Certainly would not be in the PL. cf. Vardy, Callum Wilson. Baldock misses quite a few good chances as well. Lucky we've got Lualua who is fast enough.

Baldock could and does play a role though.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Can the budget support it without shipping out Colunga to save some money, we're still paying him a decent sum every week with no return, he's a drain on the resources at the moment, I'd stick him in the squad and tell him to get on with it.

Colunga should definitely be in the squad ahead of March based on current form (March's).

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Colunga should definitely be in the squad ahead of March based on current form (March's).

This could be Colunga's best (and last ) chance,something must be seriously wrong with him,if he does not get at least on the bench !I like him and agree he should be ahead of March.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we get a 93 day loan on Wednesday onwards then it takes the player into the January transfer window, when it can be converted into a full season loan.

Ulloa please :rock:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Buckley now signed for Leeds on loan.

Gus will be pleased when he replaces Rosler, after Cellino sacks again.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
We are looking to take Joe Cole on loan, apparently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here