Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The advice would be to drip feed monthly into equity funds. Better now that the top of the market.

Then the age old dilemma:

To invest in US dividend income funds (on an accumulation basis) which is in stalwarts that generate cash.

Or in riskier funds, that may well shine over time.

Alternatively, [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] would say do neither and invest in a Vanguard Lifestrategy fund, letting the steady experts decide.

He’s currently in the 19th hole here:
https://www.booking.com/hotel/pt/conrad-algarve.en-gb.html?auth_success=1
but should be along to advise.

Lol. I’m in Burgess Hill currently, and as a retired and humble compliance officer I’m not offering advice to anyone :lolol:

Edit : I do like Conrads, great for my Hilton loyalty points too :cheers:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Invested in cash savings like my daughter’s, it would not have fallen.

If at some stage you’d taken the decision to choose to invest, then it depends on the funds you or your adviser chose.

People who didn’t diversify, investing in US tech stock funds for example, have seen huge falls over the last 11 months. Investors who opted for reliable dividend income funds have fared pretty well.

11 months is a very strange time period over which to assess investment performance

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Peston has reassured me about my pension losses. Although some of my Pots lost money, not all the Pots are final salary defined benefits anyway.

[Tweet]1575160338248761344[/Tweet]

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
[tweet]1575393556067393538[/tweet]

All down to Putin.

The delay while she stares down at her scripted answers / sound bites and try to work out which one to say [emoji23]

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The more I hear of Truss the more I warm to her. I think she may surprise us in terms of her resilience, and who knows they may have made the right call on the economy in the long run? Only time will tell.

I recall lots of complaints when Thatcher started down this path, but she was right in the end.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The more I hear of Truss the more I warm to her. I think she may surprise us in terms of her resilience, and who knows they may have made the right call on the economy in the long run? Only time will tell.

I recall lots of complaints when Thatcher started down this path, but she was right in the end.

I don't remember Thatcher going down the path of crashing the economy and having to be rescued by the BOE within days of taking office. And whatever people thought of her politics, I don't think you'll find many who would claim she was an incompetent idiot.

But carry on :facepalm:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

She doesn't even understand her own policy. She is thick as mince.

https://twitter.com/jamesrbuk/status/1575388415264231424

[tweet]1575388415264231424[/tweet]

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If it's "all down to Putin" are they admitting that The Kremlin wrote our economy destroying budget ? ???

Perhaps MI5 needs to investigate.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I was actually there at the time and remember it and I can assure you she didn't have this effect on the economy within days and she wasn't rescued by the Bank of England. I am assuming from your reply that you weren't but have read up about it.

Being too young to actually know what happened isn't an issue, but if you are trying to learn from other's writings make sure you understanding who you are reading. Trust me, Thatcher would be spinning in her grave at the state of this current cabal.

The only similarity being that they both wore a fur hat in a picture, but it was obviously enough to convince some :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If it's "all down to Putin" are they admitting that The Kremlin wrote our economy destroying budget ? ???

Perhaps MI5 needs to investigate.

Very nice to be able to do all sorts of dumb shite decisions and then being able to say "its Putins fault!". Doesn't even have to explain how or why, a certain sentiment of the people are just going to nod along.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So it seems Liz Truss decided to do the rounds on BBC Local Radio this morning (largely to avoid having to speak to the national broadcasters, it's been claimed) on the basis she and her team thought she'd get an easier ride on these stations. So, how did it go for yon Liz?

[tweet]1575381418464739328[/tweet]

[tweet]1575395660018368514[/tweet]

[tweet]1575389891453648901[/tweet]

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Just for the briefest of moments I started to feel sorry for her.

Then I came back to my senses

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The Stoke one is hilarious. What a div

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Lancashire one is astonishing. It's like she's never done an interview before.

And what preparation did she have for that interview? Fracking is a hot topic in Lancashire and was clearly going to be part of an interview but it was like she didn't have the faintest idea what the issues were.

The only interview I've heard as bad as that was when Chloe Smith was eviscerated by Paxo on Newsnight - and she had the excuse that she was a juniour minister handed the poison chalice Truss hasn't got that excuse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here