Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I'm so glad we got RDZ in when we did otherwise he'd be a top candidate. I assume the Tories will now ask for permission to speak to Chelsea with Potter their top choice.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Majority of them want Sunak, he was proven correct and was an adequate candidate for the moment.

Hilariously polls outside the party also showed him to be accepted by the wider population.
It wasn't a huge majority was it, wasn't like all the MPs were behind Sunak, the 5th ballot was Truss 31.6% Sunak 38.3% – I'm not calling that a decisive ballot, and if he wasn't a unifying figure then, why would he be now? I also think those outside polls should be to be 'more acceptable' [than the other candidate] by the wider population, not necessarily accepted per se.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
to be fair, who would want that gig? a few weeks/months of managing a disaster of a party and then lead it into an anihalting GE
It’s also a pity because if I HAD to pick one of these fools to run this joke of a government it’d be him or Sunak.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Quickest canning of a PM since, er, Canning in 1827.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
It wasn't a huge majority was it, wasn't like all the MPs were behind Sunak, the 5th ballot was Truss 31.6% Sunak 38.3% – I'm not calling that a decisive ballot, and if he wasn't a unifying figure then, why would he be now? I also think those outside polls should be to be 'more acceptable' [than the other candidate] by the wider population, not necessarily accepted per se.
I think they meant a majority of MPs want him now, not during the election.
38% isn't a majority at all, it's a plurality. I think there's a conservative conspiracy to confuse people on this so we don't realise how messed up the voting system is.
Amusingly, and apropos of nothing, my phone tried to autocorrect MPs as MUSLIMS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here