[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Sterling down, gilt yeilds up.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I am no political expert, but tell me. Surely Truss tells Kwasi. who she appoints as her chancellor, what economic course she wants to go down.
He comes up with the proposals, and she surely has to agree to them,
Why does she get to sack him when the country is in uproar about the mini budget, which is what she has told him to do in the 1st place?
Isn't she as much to blame as him, if not more so?
Yes of course she is. She is supposedly in charge and must take responsibility.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I’m replying to other posters who are also making the the same point over and over again by maintaining that government economic policy should be regarded in the same way as a household but I suspect it’s a fundamental principle with which you concur
Are you still here?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I knew that woman was useless, but I didn't realise she was completely and utterly freaking useless.

I'm sure Margaret Thatcher never behaved like this. All cosplay Thatcher now has left is her determination not to see her lifelong ambition to be PM, end in such ignominy. She's going to be crucified in PMQs, interviews and the media. For her own health, she should step down.
It's NSC, so it's impossible to work out if that first line is a joke or not.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
By my reckoning, the only Chancellor to have been in the job for a shorter period was Iain Macleod who was appointed by Heath in June 1970 and unfortunately died a month later.

We'll now be on our seventh chancellor since 2016's Brexit vote. That's more Chancellors than any current EPL Team have had permanent managers in that period. The running of this country's closest football equivalent is Watford. We are the Watford of Nation States.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

On the surface, supportive of Truss. .... However. Take note of all those lines where he emphasises "your". He's making it very clear he's been shoved in front of the bus.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Why isn’t this thread showing up for me on the main board? Very strange

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Kwarteng had different ideas about tax to Truss, yet agreed to be chancellor to act out the Truss plan. Now she'd sacked him for doing what she asked. Truss will brass neck this shambles out till the next GE, and then there will be blood everywhere as conservative MPs lose their seats. You couldn't make this stuff up.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
I'm surprised at the level of vitriol being directed at BenGarfield for his contributions to this thread, you may not like them or agree with them or feel they are derailing the thread but you could choose to ignore them or not respond instead of the responses that are now bordering on bullying him off the thread. In these days when mental health is big on everyone's agenda let's maybe take a step back and ease up on the fella eh? Personally I can't see the issue with his posts, In fact some of the pompous know it all responses to his posts and Opinions have riled me more! Moderators intimating bans on someone for posting opinions on economics/politics would be poor form for NSC I feel. Chill a little peeps

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here