Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liz Truss **RESIGNS 20/10/2022**

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Gilts are female pigs that have yet to farrow (give brth to piglets). Strange argument in context, but probably makes more sense than anything Kwarteng can manage.

I heifer feeling you are right.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
She seems out of her depth.

Yes and I tend to look at things tactically. They've lurched to a place the electorate doesn't want them. It's a huge mistake by her and all that surrounds her.

Now is the time to deal with the aftershock of the pandemic and the war in Ukraine. Not to be ideologically extreme, especially as the opposition in that respect is your own party and it's 12 years in power.

Can't see her surviving unless the party has already decided it wants a period in opposition to fix itself.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If it was Labour they'd hang onto Truss, wait till the election and get nuked.

I can't see the Tories hanging onto her, they will change the rules and find a way to get the leader in that the Tory MP's want.

Problem they have is Truss and Kamikwasi have done their damage, its a long way back for them.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I can't see the Tories hanging onto her, they will change the rules and find a way to get the leader in that the Tory MP's want.

Problem they have is Truss and Kamikwasi have done their damage, its a long way back for them.

More than ably abetted by the complete incompetence and dishonesty of bungle**** for the last 2 and a half years, and the people who gave this cabal an 80 seat majority. I don't think they should take all the credit, this was certainly a team effort :facepalm:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Thick Lizzy's government rules out solar farms on all agricultural land grades 1 - 5.

Reminder of what grade 5 is...

Land with very severe limitations that restrict use to permanent pasture or rough grazing, except for occasional pioneer forage crops

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thick Lizzy's government rules out solar farms on all agricultural land grades 1 - 5.

Reminder of what grade 5 is...

Land with very severe limitations that restrict use to permanent pasture or rough grazing, except for occasional pioneer forage crops

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

Solar farms and grazing can go together. Photo nicked off Twitter.
6FA2120A-42FA-4823-A183-E36B0EF912A5.jpeg

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I'm a bit late to the pig pun party.

But talking of pigs, after her announcement at one conference that she was off to Beijing to open up new pork markets, it all went quiet.

It begs the question, how many pigs did we actually sell to China as a result of Liz's trade mission?
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the number was zero. None at all.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

The problem for the Tories is they have lurched heavily to the right. Remember, before the last election Johnson purged any remainers which included some long standing and (despite being tory) respected MPs.

Heidi Allen * ‡
Guto Bebb
Richard Benyon
Nick Boles
Alistair Burt
Ken Clarke
Alan Duncan
David Gauke
Luke Graham
Justine Greening
Dominic Grieve
Sam Gyimah
Philip Hammond
Richard Harrington
Margot James
Jo Johnson
Oliver Letwin
Phillip Lee
David Lidington
Jeremy Lefroy
Nicky Morgan
Anne Milton
Sarah Newton
Claire Perry
Amber Rudd
Antoinette Sandbach
Nicholas Soames
Anna Soubry
Caroline Spelman
Rory Stewart
Edward Vaizey
Sarah Wollaston

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Well, at least the barristers' strike has ended. They graciously accepted a FIFTEEN per cent pay rise. FIFTEEN bloody percent - the greedy ********.

Meantime nurses are having to be balloted because they have been offered a derisory 4%.

"A junior barrister who has less than three years experience can expect to earn on average a salary of £40,300 per year."

https://www.nationalworld.com/news/...criminal-junior-barristers-why-strike-3746521

"This pay award means that a newly qualified Nurse at the start of Band 5 will now earn £27,055 a year"

https://www.nurses.co.uk/blog/nhs-nurses-1400-pay-rise-2022/

I hope the nurses learn from the barristers success. You come out and stay out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here