Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Living on £1 a day

Can I ask which poverty line this challenge is supposed to mimic?

if you click on the link on the opening post and then click 'The Cause' it'll explain how the figure is obtained, these are their figures, not mine, if I can remind people on here of my opening post i'm after ideas/the feasibility of eating for a pound a day, it was not my intention to ask for sponsors

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I live on well under £1 a day food-wise, have done for a couple of years now. And I have a balanced diet, meat nearly every day, loads of fresh veg and fresh fruit more often than not. I'm amazed nobody has suggested my tactic.

Which is?

I can go for 5 days without paying for my food and eating very well. Business travel has some perks.

Which is?
Nearly all my food comes from reductions that take place in the evenings at Asda or Tesco. Asda often reduces stuff to 1p; Tonight I got a loaf, rolls, green beans and 6xSmall chilli sausage rolls all for 1p each. Also got some hot roast pots and hot sausages for 10p each, and chicken salad sandwich for 20p. An excellent night as I only had to spend 15 minutes in store; it's usually the best part of an hour.
I also stock up on storable food when it's cheap, e.g. got Smartprice rice pudding for 13p a tin tonight (and it's lovely!)

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
629353.jpg

32p a packet, which if you buy three, leaves you 4p left over for penny sweets as an enjoyable dessert.

Glad I could help.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You're not the teenage who bought six packs the other Saturday morning prompting Mr Shah Jnr to tell me all about how that must be all you eat you get through so many?

Nope, not me, I try to moderate my intake of the tasty snacks due to the monosodium glutamate content of the flavouring sachets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here