Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Living on £1 a day

I'm not asking for sponsors on here as I know most of you do a lot for the REMF (although here is my site!)
****Live Below the Line****

I'm just wondering what tips you can give me to live on a quid a day for 5 days

I suppose beer/chocolate/Indian takeaways and shoplifting are out of the question, but can you have some kind of balanced/satisfying diet with just a quid a day to spend?

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bag of Blue & White potatoes from Tesco and and packet of cooking bacon pieces from Asda and 15 eggs from Iceland. You can use the spuds for jacket boiled or chips and the bacon in omlettes or with jacket potatoes and the eggs in many different ways.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
eBay is your friend!

Or sell some of your Albion stuff via NSC. Shirts, programmes, other stuff...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if you look down the veg aisle and the freezer section, i think you'll be surprised how well balanced you could eat for £5 in 5 days. might be a bit repetitive. 5 days worth of potatoe, pasta or rice, some veg to make suitable accompliment and should have spare for a loaf for breakie.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I'm not asking for sponsors on here as I know most of you do a lot for the REMF (although here is my site!)
****Live Below the Line****

I'm just wondering what tips you can give me to live on a quid a day for 5 days

I suppose beer/chocolate/Indian takeaways and shoplifting are out of the question, but can you have some kind of balanced/satisfying diet with just a quid a day to spend?

this book my give you some useful tips, although the author did it for a year !

How I Lived a Year on Just a Pound a Day:Amazon:Books

Noddy11

Nov 24, 2011
if you go in the William Hill on London Road you can often get a free cup of tea or coffee, whilst your in there think about a 5p win patent, Naturally perm in Celtic, Man U, Man City, etc and you could double your money

Noddy11

Nov 24, 2011
in addition a lot of the clients in there may be able to help you with ways to save money on personal grooming products

D

Deleted User X18H

in addition a lot of the clients in there may be able to help you with ways to save money on personal grooming products

And save on paying 20p for a piss at Brighton Station or similar by pissing their pants. And keeping warm by banging the roulette machine and jumping up and down whilst commenting to, each other ''its fix aint it''- ''Cause it f***ing is'' as another fiver goes in.

Thanks for the comments so far esp. the 'useful' tips from Noddy and HB&B!, thing is I appreciate it's only 5 days, but it does get you thinking, for example I like 4 or 5 Tassimo's in the morning but about 30p a pod it's out of the question, even switching to Mellow Birds, 6 or 7 cups a day even at say 3p each would take up 20% of my budget

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Only eat on alternate days & fast on others, as animals do in the wild, thus enabling you to splash out on other days & keep trim simultaneaously

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Hover round al fresco cafes and scoop up any leftovers before table staff can clear them.

Make free appointments with banks, estate agents etc. Talk nonsense and generally waste their time for ten minutes – but get a free cup of coffee and (if you're lucky) biscuit out of it.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
imagesCA42Y85D.jpg £1 sorted.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Thanks for the comments so far esp. the 'useful' tips from Noddy and HB&B!, thing is I appreciate it's only 5 days, but it does get you thinking, for example I like 4 or 5 Tassimo's in the morning but about 30p a pod it's out of the question, even switching to Mellow Birds, 6 or 7 cups a day even at say 3p each would take up 20% of my budget

I take it this £5 is only for food ? Power and gas etc aren't included in the challenge ?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Sainsbury's basics:porridge, yoghurt, tins toms, pasta, garlic, chilli, bread, jam, rice pudding, fruit salad, bananas and apples.

You'll eat well and be healthy

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I have no idea what that smiley thing is doing in my post by the way

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here