Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Living in Brighton (advice please)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
..not me, but a work colleague is looking to move down to Brighton to rent.

1 bedroom flat ideally..

Any ideas of areas, prices etc...

Many thanks...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He needs to allow about £650 a month for a one bed flat. That doesnt include bills. And thats if he wants a half decent place.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Thanks, but I was after a little bit of personal experience as well. Unfortunately coming from the other end of Sussex originally my knowledge of Brighton stretches to the city centre, the Goldstone and Withdean.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Preston Circus is probably one of the cheapest areas if you want to be in a central postion.

Having said that you somewhere like Norfolk Sq you can find a studio apartment for about £450 pcm.

http://www.findaproperty.com/agent.aspx?agentid=0781&opt=prop&pid=111467

The best way would be to decide what sort of area your friend wants to live in. The squares can be very nice and less bustly than Preston Circus. Some nice properties there, but London Rd is very busy as I am sure you well know.

I would head for the Hove/Brighton border near the seafront if I was to rent in Brighton

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Leaders

These guys are the biggest in Brighton and Hove and offer the best range of properties.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Giraffe said:
Leaders

These guys are the biggest in Brighton and Hove and offer the best range of properties.

Hmmm, but they are not always good at handing back your deposit.

Try looking on the Argus website, we have just rented a 2 bedroom flat in Grantham Road near Preston Park for some Polish guys that are working for me for £690, its in decent nick and its not the first time I have done this privatly via the classifieds in the Argus.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The area around Sillwood Street towards Hove is nice and pretty central.

The Preston Circus area is decent though not very thought of on this particular message board but it's nice and central and the pubs aren't bad.

Hanover is a bloody nice are to live in. Get onto Barrie Alderton.
http://www.barriealderton.co.uk/

He is a good bloke too by all accounts.

D

Deleted User X18H

ChapmansThe Saviour said:

The Preston Circus area is decent though not very thought of on this particular message board but it's nice and central and the pubs aren't bad.

Thanks to Preston Circ I should have £102,000 in my bank acount by next Friday ...........Preston Circus I love it.

E

enigma

ChapmansThe Saviour said:

I heard he is as well. Think my stepdad knows him.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
The area between Vernon Terrace/Denmark Place? Terrace?, Montpelier Road and Dyke Road is very pleasant and central, being only a short walk from the station, particularly Powis Square, and you have the restaurants and bars near Seven Dials. Expensive, though, I should think, and the parking is a nightmare.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Bad Ash said:
I went to primary school with his daughter. Small world! :)

What you wtn to school with his stepdads daughter?:ohmy:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Kemptown is nice :blush:

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Norfork square is full of down and outs

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I hear it's cheap and nasty in Saltdean. :lolol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Rougvie said:
Hmmm, but they are not always good at handing back your deposit.

Try looking on the Argus website, we have just rented a 2 bedroom flat in Grantham Road near Preston Park for some Polish guys that are working for me for £690, its in decent nick and its not the first time I have done this privatly via the classifieds in the Argus.

Agents only work for the landlord, therefore its not the agents fault if they don't give back the deposit, its the landlord. If you trash your property, regardless of whether you went through an agent or not they'll still not give you the deposit back.

Also if you go through an agent (an ARLA registered one) then at least you know the deposit is safe and if there is a dispute you have a trade body to go to as opposed to trying to find a rip off landlord.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here