Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
It was men against boys today..I think the occasion got to quite a few of them unfortunately, but hey ho, great day out all the same!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
We had some very pretty passing, particularly in the first half, but it was mostly in our own half - very little penetrated anywhere meaningful. 6-1 wasn't a true reflection as everyone admitted, but 4-1 would have been about right.

I do hold my hands up though - as KLL was about to take the free-kick, I thought very few people beat Reina from that distance .... no chance.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think you guys need a reality check. Midfield was hopelessly overrun. Navarro terrible, Barnes embarrassing ( as usual )..KLL was the only player to emerge from the whole game with any credit. It was a shockingly inept performance, riddled with misplaced passes, poor challenges and clueless defending. They seemed overawed, nervous and inadequate. Words fail me about the cretin in goal.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Did we have a meaningful shot on target other than the free kick?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Hopefully a big lesson was learnt today, we have to learn to play it around the back with confidence, zip, movement and purpose.

The roots are there we just need to improve technique and speed.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It worries me that someone could have been at that game and still believe our midfield and attack were good. What planet are you on!!!!

As for it being a great day, we lost 6-1, most of the goals being down to our errors rather than their class. So we got to go to Anfield, we were humiliated so not sure how you can come away thinking it was a great day.

Jesus, it's like a liverpool love in. People applauding the fact that the liverpool fans all stick their scarves in the air for 'you'll never walk alone' but then fail to raise a chant for the rest of the match.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I think you guys need a reality check. Midfield was hopelessly overrun. Navarro terrible, Barnes embarrassing ( as usual )..KLL was the only player to emerge from the whole game with any credit. It was a shockingly inept performance, riddled with misplaced passes, poor challenges and clueless defending. They seemed overawed, nervous and inadequate. Words fail me about the cretin in goal.

Possibly a SLIGHT overreaction, understandable in the circumstances, but nearer the truth than the thread starter! The defending was partly down to Brezovan's already known weakness from crosses/set pieces (see Stoke last season) and the fact that because the midfield was overrun the defence barely had a time to draw breath! And although Calderon is good going forward anyone who struggled against Wrexham's attack was going to find Anfield with a full strength Liverpool team a bit of a challenge.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Barnes embarrassing?! He cleared the ball off the line at least five times in the first half.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Agree with that, except harsh calling Brezovan a cretin! He was well out of his depth that's for sure.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Hopefully a big lesson was learnt today, we have to learn to play it around the back with confidence, zip, movement and purpose.

The roots are there we just need to improve technique and speed.

We also ne need some target practice all our forwards were missing badly

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
[QUOT=The Large One;4733323]But for our passing, control, awareness, speed, ability, agility and goalscoring - I thought we matched Liverpool man-for-man.[/QUOTE]

Did you watch Liverpool vs Brighton match . We played well to stay in the game bar an appalling mistake by Brezovan at a crucial time. They were obviously told at half time to up their game 10% and did so then completely overun us and the score could have been a lot more had they had their shooting boots on. Although most supporters expect Premier football the players proved that they are not either ready or good enough. We were very pedistrian in our approach and predictable it was an easy game for Liverpool.

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
BARNES yes Barnes, Brez, Navs and Calderon all again proved they are not at the same level of the rest of the team.

It was a good day out but I'm still bemused as to why Gus has soo much faith in Barnes.

What Waddle said about Calderon not being the greatest defender is true. I love him but he stands off players because he isn't up to speed.

Brez was awful, getting worse with each game. Navs, what was he thinking for Bridcutts second OG?

Dunk also had a poor day, he needs a good game soon as against Millwall he was also off the pace.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
[QUOT=The Large One;4733323]But for our passing, control, awareness, speed, ability, agility and goalscoring - I thought we matched Liverpool man-for-man.

Did you watch Liverpool vs Brighton match . We played well to stay in the game bar an appalling mistake by Brezovan at a crucial time. They were obviously told at half time to up their game 10% and did so then completely overun us and the score could have been a lot more had they had their shooting boots on. Although most supporters expect Premier football the players proved that they are not either ready or good enough. We were very pedistrian in our approach and predictable it was an easy game for Liverpool.[/QUOTE]

I think you misread TLOs sarcasm a little.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here