Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

D

Deleted member 2719

Wow, world class??

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Job done so far - the tactics to keep it tight and counter attack are spot on from Potter. We have to carefully watch if Liverpool try and go up a few gears tho in the second half

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Good, solid first half overall.

Slightly frustrating that neither Burn nor March was able to test the keeper from their chances, but I'm cautiously optimistic that we can take something from this.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Some could argue that having hardly played in months and then playing one of the best teams in the league, it might be acceptable that he's not at the top of his game. But you're right, he's shite, get rid.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

in a very very up tempo game as well

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Well I thoroughly enjoyed that. Nice to be completely relaxed watching a game for once too knowing it's a free hit and others around us have lost this week.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Looking very solid at the back and disciplined in midfield. Created a few chances including one where Burn should have scored. Good Half, could go either way...

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Very good first half.
Team isn't quite right, but we're in this so I wouldn't know what to suggest.
We definitely miss March on the left (he has been decent on the right but is a proper player on the left), Alzate a bit of a passenger, sadly. Burn has settled.
We've missed Mac in the middle, that little bit of guile in the final third.
Overall very positive.
Maybe Lallana for Alzate?
Tau and/or Connolly to run at them if it's still tight after 60.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Good half whatever happens. Yet again a team who the commentators will say are playing below their normal game without crediting Albion for excellent defending from the front

I think some people hear what they want to hear. We got loads of praise after beating spurs, after the game, on motd etc. There was constant praise for our performance and current form all through the first half tonight.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
[tweet]1357070661156548612[/tweet]
Don't do Twitter myself, but if you can and want to reply to him you could ask him how many teams in the PL have list fewer games than us this season.

The answer is 9, by the way, just the top nine in the league, that's all.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So far so good if we ignore (and I think we can allow ourselves to do that) that the game is pretty fecking dull.

If Bissouma & Alzate get a bit more of a foothold in this game there's even a chance for 3p.

Looked odd to start with but well played and all level at half time is no mean feat.

Cracking cross from Gross, if only we had a striker.

Can we go up a gear ?

Only by bringing on Tau and Connolly and I suspect Potter will stick with what he has for now. But if we start getting pushed back too deep, I hope he acts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here