Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool v Benfica

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I want Liverpool to crash out, and Fulham to go through.

f*** supporting any team in Europe just cause they're english. I wanted Utd to lose to Bayern, because I dislike them and most of their fans immensely. Same with Liverpool.

Fulham, I like though. I'd love them to go on and win the competition.

herbicide

weedkiller
Mar 25, 2006
Horley
is there a black armband tribute tonight?

You reminded me of this...:clap2:

From the BBC...

Tributes left for a dead chicken
Flowers and tributes were left in an alleyway where the body of a mystery dead baby was found - before police realised it was only a chicken foetus.

A member of the public discovered the remains in a back alley in the Anfield area of Liverpool.

Police cordoned off the scene but soon realised that it was not a human but a chicken foetus.

Well-wishers had laid more than a dozen bunches of flowers at the scene, along with cards and teddy bears.

One of the cards read: "RIP Little Baby. Safe in the arms of Jesus. From someone who is a loving mother xxxx."

Merseyside Police told the community on Monday to "stop grieving, it's only a chicken".

A spokeswoman for Merseyside Police said: "It seems a member of the public saw the remains of a foetus, which possibly resembled a human foetus, and called us.

"We cordoned off the area to investigate, as we would with any possible suspicious death, but it became apparent it was not a human foetus.

"The flowers and cards are obviously the result of local gossip, but we can assure people that the remains were not human."

Conservative MP and editor of The Spectator Boris Johnson was criticised last year after commenting in the magazine that Liverpudlians were "hooked on grief".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/4372230.stm

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
<--- doesn't understand the obsession of so many Brighton fans with wanting English clubs to fail in Europe.

Surely you mean clubs in England. Let's just run that Englishness test on Liverpool one more time: American owners; Spanish manager; key player (only one now, as SG no longer counts) Spanish.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I want Liverpool to crash out, and Fulham to go through.

f*** supporting any team in Europe just cause they're english. I wanted Utd to lose to Bayern, because I dislike them and most of their fans immensely. Same with Liverpool.

Fulham, I like though. I'd love them to go on and win the competition.

This.

Except I would like both Liverpool and Fulham to go through.

And I don't get the original post really. The atmosphere at Anfield can and is often amazing. Liverpool fans do get behind their team and their manager. Seem far less fickle than a lot of other sets of fans.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yay! It's the bi-weekly "Let's All Laugh at Rafa Benitez" show!

*GASP* in wonder at his cautious formations when winning 1-0 with 80 minutes to go against some tinpot outfit!
*SCREAM* with joy as he takes Torres off with 25 mins to go at 1-1 in an absolutely crucial game they MUST win!
*SHOUT* with delight as he gives Liverpool's most creative player Yossi Bennayoun a place on the bench yet AGAIN in a vital game!

The man is pure comedy gold. Gets funnier by the week.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
This.

Except I would like both Liverpool and Fulham to go through.

And I don't get the original post really. The atmosphere at Anfield can and is often amazing. Liverpool fans do get behind their team and their manager. Seem far less fickle than a lot of other sets of fans.

This.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Going against the grain on here I want to see Liverpool win, be nice for Fulham but no way are they gonna win the cup, Liverpool might.

Liverpool are a shadow of what they once were so those that want them to fail are being a little over bitter as they already have. They are now playing in the equivalent of the JPT in Europe.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Awww, Liverpool go through with a good atmosphere with Torres scoring and Gerrard having a good game. Must leave a really bitter taste for you lot?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
What a pompous load of shit...

Rafael Benítez insulted Liverpool fans with his Birmingham surrender - Telegraph

Liverpool's manager has eschewed qualifying for football's grand prize by focusing on the Europa League, the realm of also-rans. How the mighty are falling.

Finding Liverpool concentrating on the Europa League is akin to discovering The Beatles entering the Eurovision Song Contest. They should be above it. Great fans deserve better.

Stumpy Tim

Going against the grain on here I want to see Liverpool win, be nice for Fulham but no way are they gonna win the cup, Liverpool might..

Why do Fulham have no chance? They've beaten the holders, the favourites (Juventus) & the German champions. Hodgson knows how to do Europe - he's managed everywhere. They've got a decent shout

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Why do Fulham have no chance? They've beaten the holders, the favourites (Juventus) & the German champions. Hodgson knows how to do Europe - he's managed everywhere. They've got a decent shout

innit. Done a brilliant job. Best English manager out there surely?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton

Yeah, I have to agree with this, why the hell not?... They've made it this far playing some bloody good stuff, why can't they win it?... I'd back them to beat the bin dippers in the final if they met.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here