Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool reaction to the Carling Cup Draw

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They sound like they are looking forward to coming. It should be an epic game.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
From what I've read on their sites - they are being very complimentary and seem genuinely pleased with the draw.

Maybe they've forgotten that we're their cup bogey team!!!!!!!

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
From RedAndWhiteKop:

"Its a big stadium considering the opposition. 20k stadium. We could get a decent allocation. But there is no way this will go down to general sale."
followed by
"We'll probably get about four thousand."

;)

What percentage do we have to give them?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
They'll need to field a far stronger team than Exeter, let's hope they don't.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
From RedAndWhiteKop:

"Its a big stadium considering the opposition. 20k stadium. We could get a decent allocation. But there is no way this will go down to general sale."
followed by

;)

They can ask for 15% , if that is the case there will be no matchday sales to Albion fans because all the seats will be taken.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
From what I've read on their sites - they are being very complimentary and seem genuinely pleased with the draw.

Maybe they've forgotten that we're their cup bogey team!!!!!!!

I can only recall playing them in the League Cup once, when they murdered us 4-0 and Paul Walsh scored a hat-trick. It would have been twice that but they got bored very quickly.

Last four FA Cup games though have been

Liverpool 1 Albion 2 (1983)
Albion 2 Liverpool 0 (1984)
Liverpool 2 Albion 2 (1991)
Albion 2 Liverpool 3 (1991 replay, after we were 2-1 up in extra time I think)

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
From RedAndWhiteKop:

followed by

;)

15%

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
I can only recall playing them in the League Cup once, when they murdered us 4-0 and Paul Walsh scored a hat-trick. It would have been twice that but they got bored very quickly.

Last four FA Cup games though have been

Liverpool 1 Albion 2 (1983)
Albion 2 Liverpool 0 (1984)
Liverpool 2 Albion 2 (1991)
Albion 2 Liverpool 3 (1991 replay, after we were 2-1 up in extra time I think)

Great stats El Pres.

Yeh, I was talking broadly about Cup Games and the great times I enjoyed watching us hurt them in the FA Cup.

Bring it! It's a perfect draw for Poyet to postulate his Brighton identity/stye of attractive football campaign. Screw Adkins and SCC, I seriously hope we can keep up with Poyet's rapidly growing reputation........

They can ask for 15% , if that is the case there will be no matchday sales to Albion fans because all the seats will be taken.

Please don't post utter nonsense.

A) If they want 15%, yes they will get it, and half of the usual general sale seats in the East stand - The West stand general sale tickets will still be available
B) In our last 2 Carling Cup matches - there have been over 4000 tickets available on the day it went on general sale. In all stands.

If you don't have a ST and Liverpool take the 15% you will still be able to choose from ANY of the stand if you want a ticket. You will just need to be quick off the mark.

It's rubbish touted around like this that spreads rumours that it's impossible to get a ticket for Brighton.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Need to watch out for these lot, they start kicking teams when theyre losing. They have a horrible little rat at CB called Lewis Dunk who won't be afraid to break Suarez leg given the chance."

Also from Red&WhiteKop. And they say Liverpool fans are knowledgeable :tosser:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
They seem very pleased with the draw,can't see 1 post that dosn't like it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here