Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool - oh dear what a sack of

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
I know there was a similar thread on this the other day but it needs saying again, Liverpool are an absolute shocking shambles.

And I'm quite enjoying it.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Before today they were unbeaten in 8, and had only conceded one (which was offside) in that 8. Yeah shite. Just one of them days today and West Ham got a win the deserved.

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
I know there was a similar thread on this the other day but it needs saying again, Liverpool are an absolute shocking shambles.

And I'm quite enjoying it.

... but they still are and always likely to be - miles better than us tho . Glad you're so worried about Liverpools defeat , expect they're not too worried about us tho

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Anybody wpould not have said that when we played them at The Goldstone in the early 60s. If you said then that one of those teams would be the best in Europe in a couple of years you would have gone for Brighton.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Anybody wpould not have said that when we played them at The Goldstone in the early 60s. If you said then that one of those teams would be the best in Europe in a couple of years you would have gone for Brighton.

Nurse! You've forgotten his medication again.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
It's not just the results, it's the quality of their play which is shocking to me. Today's performance after that awful game midweek.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
It's not just the results, it's the quality of their play which is shocking to me. Today's performance after that awful game midweek.

Recently been playing with nice and attacking football and been very secure at the back. But anyway nice to see your so obsessed with Liverpool darling.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
I'll try my very best to get over it

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Credit due for the win over Chelsea, but the rest of their recent games have been against the worst the Premiership has to offer: Fulham, Stoke and Wigan at Anfield and today at West Ham.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Really?

This would have been Liverpool who had won the division one title 9 times before Bill Shankley took over, runner-up twice and had average attendances of over 37,000 throughout the 50's and early 60s making it one of the top 6 clubs in the country, even then. In contrast, Brighton had an average of under 17,000. Not surprising seeing as we had been a 3rd division south side up to a few years before the early 60s. Prior to Liverpool's relegation to division 2 in 1954 they had been in division 1 continuously since 1904.

And whilst Brighton played in Div 2 with Liverpool, Liverpool never dropped below 4th spot and Brighton never reached better than 14th. The year Liverpool won the division 2 title Brighton were relegated as bottom placed club.

All but the most blinkered Albion fan would have said Liverpool would be the club most likely to go onto great things. Seriously, take off your rose-tinted specs.

Last edited:

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
credit where credit is due west ham wanted the win, went for the win, and got it, so so deserved played liverpool off the park well done west ham.....anyway back to the important bit, brighton and hove albion....

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Brilliant quote from the Guardian a few weeks ago:

"Chelsea were flummoxed by Liverpool's three-at-the-back, the tactical equivalent of turning up to DJ at a rave in 2028 and playing Cast's All Change on a loop for seven hours (and, somehow, making it work)."

Clearly, Liverpool's limited repertoire didn't work on the Hammers.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Recently been playing with nice and attacking football and been very secure at the back. But anyway nice to see your so obsessed with Liverpool darling.

You've posted thrice defending Liverpool, sure you're not obsessed with Liverpool too darling ?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
yer your so right,is that why they have just completly outplayed the best team in england,suarez will be a star

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here