Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool get stadium go-ahead

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/5327426.stm

Liverpool are set to leave Anfield after 114 years
Liverpool have received the go-ahead from the city council to build a new 60,000 all-seater stadium.
Council leaders approved a 999-year lease on Friday for a piece of land in the city's Stanley Park, just 300 yards away from their Anfield home.

"It's all systems go. All we need now is the club to confirm the funding," said council leader Warren Bradley. Liverpool have until the end of September to convince the council it can come up with £180m for the project. If financing is approved, building work could begin early next year with the first match pencilled in for August 2009.

Bradley added: "If Liverpool have the funding in place, they can start on the site from January." The overall cost of the first phase of the project will be £215m. It includes the new stadium which incorporates a centre with facilities for education, sport and community activities, along with a fully restored Stanley Park.

SAKE.

Last edited:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I bet it`s built before Wembley and i`ll put money on it hosting an England game before they play at Wembley also.:p

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
chez said:
Doesnt matter anyway. After todays news its obvious that we have no ambition and probably arent even bothered about a new ground.
Ummm....I'm confused.
How does sacking McGhee equate to the club "lacking ambition" and "not being bothered about a new ground" ? Can you explain the link ?

Ta.

Last edited:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Easy 10 said:
Ummm....I'm confused.
How does sacking McGhee equate to the club "lacking ambition" and "not being bothered about a new ground" ? Can you explain the link ?

Ta.

Quite simple. We are lacking ambition by sacking the person that would have been the difference between challanging for promotion and middle to lower table mediocrity.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
chez said:
Quite simple. We are lacking ambition by sacking the person that would have been the difference between challanging for promotion and middle to lower table mediocrity.

:thud:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
chez said:
:lolol:
Good one.
And the new ground ?

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
chez said:

yeah we're really looking like promotion CONTENDERS aren't we?

mcghee lost the plot- simple as

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
chez said:

what utter bollocks-end of

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here