Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool FC

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
300/1 for the Prem,on Sky/bet. Says it all really. The Euro win was down to Gerrard and F/A cup win again Gerrard. NOT Benetiz. :laugh:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
another trophyless season for liverpool beckons - rafa cant blame anyone but himself as long as he choses not to play his best team

cattlin'srockshop

Nov 15, 2007
where no-one can find me
They have no regard or respect for any other clubs, they think they are the only one's with a history, crowd, or wit or songs (sic). They will always win the odd thing, so there you go.

To me their success in the CL in recent years just shows you don't even have to be any good to do well in it, which means I have lost a lot of interest in the competition. If it's on pens they have a chance.

Win the league, or at least challenge for it or button it.

I am old enough to remember all of our victories aginst them, smashing. They are more obnoxious and lairy than man U, which is saying something, but too many cannot see it. They are insular caricatures but not worthy of our time as we have our own problems. So I shall never comment on the cartoon cut outs again.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I was talking to my neighbour. Who is a massive Liverpool fan, also took his Knowsley wheelie bin with him when they moved down here. He said its more behind the scenes which is the worrying thing. Rafa has his hands tied thanks to these yanks, and they should go not him!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Rafa is a teriffic manager, he's won a number of trophies since he's been at Anfield.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The PDC darts in Liverpool in a few weeks time will be played infront of a 7,000 crowd, bigger than the majority of our hame games .... says alot when more people would rather watch fat blokes throwing metal against a dart board than supporting their local team.

No it doesn't.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I was talking to my neighbour. Who is a massive Liverpool fan, also took his Knowsley wheelie bin with him when they moved down here. He said its more behind the scenes which is the worrying thing. Rafa has his hands tied thanks to these yanks, and they should go not him!

Hands tied? How so?

They have spent silly money on players during the summer and then says needs more.

They supported him untill he started to moan and whinge - He is the one that has unsettled the team not the Yanks.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Liverpool and Benitez are proof that rotation of the players on that scale does NOT work. They all do it, but managers like Ferguson, Wenger and Mourinho/Grant, do NOT mess with the core of the team.

Benitez is a fool if he thinks that he can tinker to this extent and not get caught out.

It's a shame - Torres is a magnificent player, slowly being ruined by the constant tinkering.

I hope they win tomorrow though.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Liverpool and Benitez are proof that rotation of the players on that scale does NOT work. They all do it, but managers like Ferguson, Wenger and Mourinho/Grant, do NOT mess with the core of the team.
It also helps that they have MUCH better players.

They can rest Rooney or Tevez and bring in Saha. Benitez can rest Torres but only if he wants to play Crouch, Voronin :lolol:, or Kuyt :lolol::lolol::lolol:

In midfield Lord Ferg can pick any two from Scholes, Anderson, Carrick, Hargreaves, even Fletcher is alright.
Benitez has Sissoko. :thud:

Even Liverpool's strongest team is not as good as the top three's.

Still I'm sure next year "could be their year". And the year after that. And the year after that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Liverpool fans are a joke, they want to keep a man who has pretty much done nothing apart from a lucky Champions league win.
One Champions league win, one other final, two FA Cup wins, and some other finals I think.

Actually, Liverpool's fans are far from a joke. Anfield is always full and their fans have always seemed very fair minded compared to other big clubs and they are quite knowledgeable. To sack Benitez after one crap season would be decidedly unfair. And that's assuming they don't make 4th place, which they still might do.

Compared to the incessent bleating by Spurs fans who have whined and moaned about everything since 1990 - mostly about why they aren't one of the big four. I'm fairly sure Spurs fans still delude themselves to this day that they are as big as Arsenal when the truth is that they haven't been in the same ball park for nearly two decades.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
One Champions league win, one other final, two FA Cup wins, and some other finals I think.

Actually, Liverpool's fans are far from a joke. Anfield is always full and their fans have always seemed very fair minded compared to other big clubs and they are quite knowledgeable. To sack Benitez after one crap season would be decidedly unfair. And that's assuming they don't make 4th place, which they still might do.

QUOTE]

Why would it be unfair?

The Liverpool fans I know want the league and they are getting further and further away from that under Benitez.

Compared to the incessent bleating by Spurs fans who have whined and moaned about everything since 1990 - mostly about why they aren't one of the big four. I'm fairly sure Spurs fans still delude themselves to this day that they are as big as Arsenal when the truth is that they haven't been in the same ball park for nearly two decades.

Really? Is that all Spurs fans? funny Im sure Ive known for quite a while Arsenal are somewhat better - most sensible spurs fans do but I guess we at least get the chance to play our Rivals every season and live in hope of beating them and finishing above them, rather than mocking there results from the league below.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I love the fact that they won the Champions league because it means they have put up with shite for the last three years.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why would it be unfair?

The Liverpool fans I know want the league and they are getting further and further away from that under Benitez.

Really? or are you saying that because you dont like Spurs?
Yes really. And I like Spurs, and I also quite like Arsenal. I really don't like Chelsea and I am indifferent to West Ham.

But the simple fact is that you're a much smaller club than Arsenal these days. Spurs fans still turn up in numbers but their fans are living on past glories, not unlike Newcastle really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here