Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool FC

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not very happy bunnies, post match protest with "Yanks Out".

Unless something happens in the Champions League Rafa days are surely numbered.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Lets all hope that Internazionale THRASH them at Anfield on Tuesday. Then they won't even be in the competition next year.

God I nearly hate Liverpool as much as I do Palarse.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lets all hope that Internazionale THRASH them at Anfield on Tuesday. Then they won't even be in the competition next year.

God I nearly hate Liverpool as much as I do Palarse.

Actually have a lot of respect for Liverpool they led the English teams into Europe and were amazingly good in what was the European Cup and now the Champions League.

If you saw some of their finals from 1977 onwards they were awesome.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Benitez really is shit.

Don't forget that this is the man that has led them to two Champions Legue Finals, and walked away with the trophy on one occasion.

It's quite easy to forget stuff like that given the current situation.

I remember when they were managed by Roy Evans! At least things have improved a bit since then!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Don't forget that this is the man that has led them to two Champions Legue Finals, and walked away with the trophy on one occasion.

It's quite easy to forget stuff like that given the current situation.

I remember when they were managed by Roy Evans! At least things have improved a bit since then!

More than £130m on transfer fees alone should be enough to ensure that you are not an also ran in the league (Points off the top 37, 9, 21 and currently 19).

Whilst not denying that Liverpool did well to win the Champions League, that was as much down to the players (particularly Steven Gerrard) as it was down to the manager.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
More than £130m on transfer fees alone should be enough to ensure that you are not an also ran in the league (Points off the top 37, 9, 21 and currently 19).

I agree with the fact that they should be better placed than "Also Rans" in the league.

But with this one, I honestly don't know if replacing Benitez will truly benefit the club.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Liverpool fans are a joke, they want to keep a man who has pretty much done nothing apart from a lucky Champions league win.

The best part is they blame the yank owners!

Its amazing I bet they didnt blame them when they signed Torres?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The season they won the champions league, they were actually minutes from going out in the group stage.
They were ridiculously lucky that year. I remember watching the game against olympiakos and being pleased that they were going out, then the ball went to that jammy bastard Gerrard 40 yards out and he closed his eyes and kicked the ball as hard as he could, in frustration more than anything, and the bloody thing went in. No way did he mean that. :tosser:

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
They were ridiculously lucky that year. I remember watching the game against olympiakos and being pleased that they were going out, then the ball went to that jammy bastard Gerrard 40 yards out and he closed his eyes and kicked the ball as hard as he could, in frustration more than anything, and the bloody thing went in. No way did he mean that. :tosser:

Why would you rather a bunch of Greeks went through to the next round instead of an English team ??? Shame some of our midfield players cant shoot with their eyes closed and score goals like that then isnt it ?

Cant work out why some people on here love to slate Liverpool, their fans and manager. Do you really think Liverpool are bothered in what we say on here? The way our club is going we should worry about things here not there.

The PDC darts in Liverpool in a few weeks time will be played infront of a 7,000 crowd, bigger than the majority of our hame games .... says alot when more people would rather watch fat blokes throwing metal against a dart board than supporting their local team.

Of course he didn't mean to do it...:rolleyes:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Liverpool fans are a joke, they want to keep a man who has pretty much done nothing apart from a lucky Champions league win.

The best part is they blame the yank owners!

Its amazing I bet they didnt blame them when they signed Torres?

well, yeah, isn't that cos Benitez signed him?

After all the shit we've been through I'm a great believer in off the field problems contributing to problems on the pitch. Not all obviously, but some, and if I were a Liverpool fan I too would be f***ing pissed off with their owners.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Actually have a lot of respect for Liverpool they led the English teams into Europe and were amazingly good in what was the European Cup and now the Champions League.

If you saw some of their finals from 1977 onwards they were awesome.

Likewise. When I was a young lad they dominated football in the same way United now do. But, they seemed to play and act fairly and the country seemed to get behind them in a way the country doesnt for United.

I couldnt give a toss if United win or lose in europe...but I still sort of have a soft spot for Liverpool...and Arsenal in Europe.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
B-team should beat BarnsleyFeb 16 2008

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/...objectid=20484210&siteid=50061-name_page.html

View From The Stands

by Rob Jackson, Liverpool Daily Post

‘IT’S ALL gone quiet over there.’ Over there in Texas, that is.

As it happens, ‘Over There’ was a famous wartime anthem by George M Cohan, inciting the Yanks to come over and save our bacon. This time round, it’s more a case of dropping us in the soup. (I could use other words, but this is the Daily Post.)

For my money, the sooner they’re back Over There, the better. And whatever may or may not be kicking off behind the scenes, I can’t see the harm in telling them so. Again and again. There’s no future until this one is sorted. It’s that serious.

Talking of my money, I’m afraid I’m a bit strapped for £5,000 right now, Rogan. I hear that others aren’t though, so that particular pig might have some flying left to do yet. Nice idea, but all in all, DIC would suit us better. And it can’t come soon enough.

On the pitch, I actually think our form over the last two has improved slightly. We got the brickbats for boring football at Chelsea, but it could and should have been a record-busting win.

Today, though, looks like yet another banana skin, and I’ve no doubt we’ll do a bit of sliding before making the game safe. My memory may be playing tricks, but don’t we always make prats of ourselves early on in the years when we win the Cup?

Whatever, Rafa should try a few changes for a change.

If our B team can’t beat Barnsley then they shouldn’t be our B team. And if that’s too many B’s in one sentence, then so be it. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here