Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool & Dalglish

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
King Kenneth won't work - he may have been involved in the game, but coaching and particularly player management have changed (for the worse?). Can't see him handling that esp since last time he left because of the pressure. I read today that KK was after a 4.5 year deal too!

They won't get relegated (shame) but I suspect they will continue to struggle. Torres might leave - Gerrard won't, he's proved often enough that he just hasn't got the balls to try his arm elsewhere.

Really enjoying this though.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Torres might leave - Gerrard won't, he's proved often enough that he just hasn't got the balls to try his arm elsewhere.
What bollocks! Gerrard is a rare example today of a player who is loyal to his club. Wish there were more like him!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Time for him to bring McMahon, Barnes, Houghton and Beardsley back into the squad. Never too late. Class is timeless.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Dalglish is probably responsibly for Liverpool's demise in the early 90s. The team he assembled was too old and they did not have the youngsters coming through to replace them as was the traditional boot room way.
Still we have him to thank for this:
616P2tOywcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Oh dear.
Not a good start (even if it wasn't a pen)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A typical Liverpool nudge from the Dalglish days. The rules were different then, you had to dive to get the foul. Man United go 1-0 up in under a minute.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Great start for King Kenny. Great dive by Berbatov. :lolol:

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
What bollocks! Gerrard is a rare example today of a player who is loyal to his club. Wish there were more like him!

I'm not so sure how deep his loyalty is - he was rumoured to be leaving around the World Cup. Its easy to be loyal when you are winning or with a team that has a history of sucess but in todays world of contracts and clauses who can be loyal?

You might be born 5 mins from the ground you play in but the club will sell you if THEY need the money.

Look at Rooney, Owen even Dalglish they all moved for the £££'s

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
So hope they crash and burn now, never had a problem with them but the way they treated Hodgson was a disgrace (not good enough for them my arse try looking at your shit players). Nice relegation scrap will suit me nicely

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Out of these who would you keep and even then who would you build a team around?

Reina, Kelly, Skrtel, Agger, Aurelio, Kuyt, Meireles, Lucas, Maxi, Gerrard, Torres, Gulacsi, Kyrgiakos, Babel, Wilson, Ngog, Poulsen, Shelvey

I think Torres has lost faith and Gerrards injuries and state of mind is way off so I would ditch the lot except Reina and start buying from the defence out!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Out of these who would you keep and even then who would you build a team around?

Reina, Kelly, Skrtel, Aurelio, Kuyt, Meireles, Gerrard, Torres, Babel, Wilson, Poulsen, Shelvey

i'd keep them, if only as squad players, the problem is thats half the first XI. need a decent CB, decent central midfielder and another top draw striker. individually those players are pretty usfull. for example, Poulson can do better but hasnt - really the heart of the Liverpool story. (unfair to knock the 3 youth teamers so they stay in the list).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is it worth revisiting this discussion (and Hodgeson leaves Liverpool) given Liverpool's start to the season so far?

Today's game against liverpool isn't finished yet and it may be turned around in the second half, but their biggest success this year would be the win v Arsenal, and that's not exactly the achievement this year that it would be in the past. Even Blackburn have beaten Arsenal!

After 4 games they are already 5 points behind the leaders (could be 8 points behind by the end of the day). Questions have been raised about the money sent on players.

KD has spoken of taking grievances to the FA over refereeing decisions after losing to stoke with people questioning if the pressure was getting to him. Liverpool only managed a draw against sunderland who sit second from bottom at the moment.

If Arsenal weren't imploding more spectacularly, would there be even more focus on Liverpool?

I'm not saying it's a disaster at the moment, but they are not looking like returning to the top four place they might consider rightfully theirs any time soon, how long will their fans or owners be happy with that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here