Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool & Dalglish

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
If Dalgleish doesn't manage to turn them around fast I can see them being in a real relegation battle soon.

Keegans messiah factor died at Newcastle so if Dalgliesh fails who else could save them?

If he can't fire Gerrard & Torres up he has not got a hope in he'll with the rest!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I cannot for one minute see how he can turn that club around, it needs a good manager with a clear understanding of the modern game as it is now with a large slice of money!

Looks as if Torres wants out too!!

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Sadly the Kenny factor may work. it depends if all the other clubs realise how crap the rest of Liverpool are and keep battering them!

Feb 14, 2010
I fully expect them to fall over in the penalty area and get penalty's so to avoid relegation, just like when "King, whoops Ive fallen over in front of the kop again" Kenny did when he was playing

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I still don't know why he left Liverpool for Blackburn last time? Was it just the money?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
While not managing, Dalglish has been involved with the game for the last 15 years, so isn't completely out of touch. Where he may fall down is the way player power has changed. I don't think his problem will be down to footballing knowledge or tactics, it will be in how he handles the players, how the players behave, etc.

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010
While not managing, Dalgleish has been involved with the game for the last 15 years, so isn't completely out of touch. Where he may fall down is the way player power has changed. I don't think his problem will be down to footballing knowledge or tactics, it will be in how he handles the players, how the players behave, etc.

Dagleish will get on fine with the diving. He should give them a master class

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Dagleish will get on fine with the diving. He should give them a master class

I was thinking more the players handing in transfer requests if they are subbed, not feeling up to training, trying to force a transfer for themselves etc. more than on the field behaviour.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Absolutely, apart from Reina, Torres & Gerrard he has nothing to work with. No wonder poor old Woy struggled

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
someone please spell Dalglish right for the love of God!

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Although I'd love it, it surely isn't realistic for Liverpool to go down.

They couldn't really have done worse thatnthey have done so far this season, and they are sitting mid table.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I still don't know why he left Liverpool for Blackburn last time? Was it just the money?

from my youthful memory of the time, it was a fading team from that of the 80's glory with no development and got into a rut. Wiki says he went to Blackburn in the October after leaving in Feburary.

the thing Liverpool needs most right now is a simple rocket up the arse of half the players. i dont buy that they are all rubbish (most were in a top four side looking to take the title 24 months ago), they lack some mental or tactical capacity. remains to be seen if Dalglish is the man to fire them up, im not sure he's a master tactician in the game today.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Rikjard keeps being mentioned, any reason they havent gone for him? I note Owen Coyle is being mentioned in the press :lolol:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Surprised they don't dig up Shankly while they are at it. It will all end in tears. If they did finish in the bottom three they will try and get the rules changed like the champions league when they finished fifth.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
from my youthful memory of the time, it was a fading team from that of the 80's glory with no development and got into a rut. Wiki says he went to Blackburn in the October after leaving in Feburary.

He quit citing pressure, they weren't doing too bad at time, second place if I recall correctly. He joined Blackburn in the old first division, took them up and then won the new premier league with Blackburn. Jack's millions bought the title. Shearer, Sutton, Warhurst, was a good team.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Could work short term but will need to bring a really big, really good manager in early in summer to keep Gerrard and Torres etc. in my opinion. With a family of Liverpool fans, my favourite player for them was always Alonso in recent years and when he left, everything has gone t*ts up.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
New reports in the paapers this morning that Torres and Gerrard will be off.

Massive game on Wed against Blackpool, if the lose that they will be in serious trouble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here