Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool away - SUNDAY 19th / 4.30pm / ESPN - CONFIRMED!!

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
yay sunday! well chuffed. earlier the better, i suppose. don't want an awkward trip back.

D

Deleted member 18477

Source - a friend of mine that works within the football TV distribution rights world. just had a text to confirm (albeit directly from my brother). If he says it's on Sunday at 4.30 then it will be (going by past performance).

Ruins my plans, simply can't get to the game on a Sunday but have the luxury of knowing I can at least still see the game.

bascially means fans cant really go by train which is just great. hope the albion get a few coaches together and theres enough parking near enough to the stadium then!

p.s. why 4.30? arsenal v villa was a 4pm KO...

Last edited by a moderator:

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Surely it would be a good omen to play the game on Sunday, thinking back to 83?

I'm recalling now the newflash on BBC1 that we had beaten the best team in Europe :)

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Last possible train with a connection at London to Brighton is at 20.48 from Liverpool, gets into Brighton at 2.23 AM - so fine if you live in Brighton, but good luck if your anywhere else.

Why does it take them so long to pick a game ?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Reckon we'll take about 4500 for this, max. I wonder if the club will still request the full allocation. Probably no need for it.

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
That's my fault. 4.30pm is an odd time. Just what I was sent. Probably best to wait for 'proper' confirmation, I'm not usually ahead of the game.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
bascially means fans cant really go by train which is just great. hope the albion get a few coaches together and theres enough parking near enough to the stadium then!

Because they are showing a live serie A game before and need time inbetween.

although espn have only 2 live games scheduled im sure they are going to show 3 so friday could still come into play

from wiki

FA Cup
On 7 December 2009, it was reported that ESPN had secured the rights to 25 live and exclusive FA Cup matches per season from the 2010-11 season.[34] The contract will run for four seasons and all matches will be broadcast in high definition.[35]
ESPN will televise two matches in the FA Cup First and Second Rounds (plus up to two replays per round), three matches from the Third to Fifth Rounds (plus up to one replay), two Quarter-Finals (plus up to one replay), one Semi-Final and simulcast of the FA Cup Final (on both ESPN and ITV) for each of the next four seasons. ITV will continue to have the first pick of the matches.
ESPN's offer is thought to have been 60% higher than that tabled by the BBC, however, that bid is also understood to be for a longer contract period and still worth substantially less than the amount paid by Setanta

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Cos Everton HAS been confirmed for Sat

Sunday or poss Friday. It doesn't have to be on tv to be a friday night. Sunday makes sense, but again no reason to think that because it is on a sunday it will be on TV.

D

Deleted member 18477

Because they are showing a live serie A game before and need time inbetween.

although espn have only 2 live games scheduled im sure they are going to show 3 so friday could still come into play

from wiki

FA Cup
On 7 December 2009, it was reported that ESPN had secured the rights to 25 live and exclusive FA Cup matches per season from the 2010-11 season.[34] The contract will run for four seasons and all matches will be broadcast in high definition.[35]
ESPN will televise two matches in the FA Cup First and Second Rounds (plus up to two replays per round), three matches from the Third to Fifth Rounds (plus up to one replay), two Quarter-Finals (plus up to one replay), one Semi-Final and simulcast of the FA Cup Final (on both ESPN and ITV) for each of the next four seasons. ITV will continue to have the first pick of the matches.
ESPN's offer is thought to have been 60% higher than that tabled by the BBC, however, that bid is also understood to be for a longer contract period and still worth substantially less than the amount paid by Setanta

Sunday or poss Friday. It doesn't have to be on tv to be a friday night. Sunday makes sense, but again no reason to think that because it is on a sunday it will be on TV.

friday night would result in albion fans having to leave brighton at 3pm latest for a 7.45pm KO. that means all 6000 would need afternoon off work or annual leave with less than 2 weeks notice (unless they're students or OAP's). hmmm

where as at least sunday would allow people to travel up in plenty of time AND allow them to get home via car/coach.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Parking for coaches yes. Loads in Stanley park but not brilliant near the ground as there is a large area off-limits on matchdays.

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
friday night would result in albion fans having to leave brighton at 3pm latest for a 7.45pm KO. that means all 6000 would need afternoon off work or annual leave with less than 2 weeks notice (unless they're students or OAP's). hmmm

where as at least sunday would allow people to travel up in plenty of time AND allow them to get home via car/coach.

I agree friday would be a nightmare on lime street!

anyway my car may not make it there and back, it's not going to cost to much to get it through it's mot so i may just leave it in toxteth

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
4.30pm confirmed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here