Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool Allocation

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
More than 40 I reckon?

IF they’ve taken a reduced allocation with this one I think the club have got it wrong. Even if they had previous data this doesn’t consider league position/coming out of lockdown or it being on a Saturday

The allocation is about 1,890. Not sure how much the other blocks hold, but I imagine around 400-600 each.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
More than 40 I reckon?

IF they’ve taken a reduced allocation with this one I think the club have got it wrong. Even if they had previous data this doesn’t consider league position/coming out of lockdown or it being on a Saturday

Yeah probably I’d guess at 300/400.

But do the club want to pay for 400 unsold seats?

Personally I wish they would perhaps risk the loss to give the opportunity to non STH but football is run on spreadsheets now and not goodwill.

If historically not enough non STH have bought tickets that is rightly or wrongly what’s driven the decision.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I wasn’t meaning to be, it’s a shame the rules are what they are and how it’s lends itself to almost being a ‘closed shop’ for non season ticket holders. To me this seemed like a good opportunity for those who aren’t STH to get to an away game and get some points. But as ever £££££ rules.

If accumulating points is the aim then there have already been plenty of opportunities, namely Burnley, Cardiff, Swansea, Leicester. None of those sold out. Liverpool is only 5 loyalty points so makes very little difference. I’m afraid the closed shop is a bit of a myth.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
If accumulating points is the aim then there have already been plenty of opportunities, namely Burnley, Cardiff, Swansea, Leicester. None of those sold out. Liverpool is only 5 loyalty points so makes very little difference. I’m afraid the closed shop is a bit of a myth.

I did say ‘almost’.

There are opportunities, just depends if those in that situation are able and willing to take them.

Essentially those without a season ticket it’s pointless accumulating points anyway.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Sold out with 20 days until the game.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
5 Albion+ members here will be requesting our membership money back for this season if this is the pattern.

No point in paying £28 if the tickets never become available to us. Would have gone to Norwich and Liverpool. (as usual).

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
5 Albion+ members here will be requesting our membership money back for this season if this is the pattern.

No point in paying £28 if the tickets never become available to us. Would have gone to Norwich and Liverpool. (as usual).

I think that’s fair enough. The club have completely undermined the Albion + membership by taking lower away allocations. The fees should certainly be returned to northern based fans who have been supporting the club away for years.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Restricted view seats have been put on sale.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Have to agree with this, if you want points then you have to go to the less attractive fixtures to build them up. That said, as someone else mentioned, If the club do take a reduced allocation it's unlikely to go beyond STHs, especially for the glamour ties.

At the end of the day, the loyalty points scheme might not be perfect but it's about the fairest system you can get.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Said it on another thread , I don't see why we cannot presale the tickets then it would be very easy to gage numbers and therefore what allocation to take...

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Said it on another thread , I don't see why we cannot presale the tickets then it would be very easy to gage numbers and therefore what allocation to take...

Good idea in principal but not sure practically if it’s workable.

How long would you have a presale open for ? And when would you have it ?

Having no idea how discussions operate between clubs regarding allocations I’ve no real idea if it’s something that can be done.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Having no idea how discussions operate between clubs regarding allocations I’ve no real idea if it’s something that can be done.

Presale could be done now for every away game. Historically, the club will have an idea what the maximum allocation could be, in most cases 3000. Also, it is not an actual sale, it is just to gauge interest. It would close when the tickets actually go on sale. The club could ask for those with less than, say, 250 loyalty points, to express an interest in whatever game. It could work but only if those expressing an interest then take up the sales that haven't been met through the tier system. However, if too many keep expressing an interest then don't buy when they have the opportunity the system won't work and would be probably dropped by the club.

The presale wouldn't guarantee a person a ticket but it could guarantee the club sell out their allocation.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

There is a valid observation re non STHs though - imagine it's nigh-on impossible for a non STH to accumulate enough points to get into the higher tiers given the number of points that STHs get automatically

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
There is a valid observation re non STHs though - imagine it's nigh-on impossible for a non STH to accumulate enough points to get into the higher tiers given the number of points that STHs get automatically

It's not easy but it's not impossible especially when there have been away games that haven't sold out.

At the end of the day, if you're not a STH and don't go to the less glamourous games then don't expect to get tickets for the big games.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Presale could be done now for every away game. Historically, the club will have an idea what the maximum allocation could be, in most cases 3000. Also, it is not an actual sale, it is just to gauge interest. It would close when the tickets actually go on sale. The club could ask for those with less than, say, 250 loyalty points, to express an interest in whatever game. It could work but only if those expressing an interest then take up the sales that haven't been met through the tier system. However, if too many keep expressing an interest then don't buy when they have the opportunity the system won't work and would be probably dropped by the club.

The presale wouldn't guarantee a person a ticket but it could guarantee the club sell out their allocation.

I would make it a proper sale transaction very much like music festivals which then send you the ticket later. In most cases the stand layout and numbers is known. If circumstances change then club would have a caveat to cover that. If dates change then they go out for resale. Some could ask why bother - well the art of a good business is not just getting new customers its about keeping the existing ones and this would a step in the right direction.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

You would have to deduct the money now as well otherwise people would just keep their options open.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
How many left? The Scouse Seagulls need 4 and we’ve only got purchase history, so can’t even look at the seats let alone buy them until Thursday.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
How many left? The Scouse Seagulls need 4 and we’ve only got purchase history, so can’t even look at the seats let alone buy them until Thursday.

126...all 'very restricted view' (not that it matters much at an away game), £28 each. Virtually none appear to have been sold since the extra were released.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
ed to get

Buying Albion+ as a one off maybe, but not every season for the Scouse Seagulls to go to three or four away games if we’re lucky. Managed to get to Burnley away this season which was the first win we’d actually seen since Leeds in the Championship! Our dream is to watch BHA beat Liverpool at Anfield. UTA.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
126...all 'very restricted view' (not that it matters much at an away game), £28 each. Virtually none appear to have been sold since the extra were released.
Ooooh that’s exciting, sounds like we might have a chance come Thursday! Thanks for letting me know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here