Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool - 20/21 Champions

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yeah but Liverpool didn’t also win 13 Premier League titles and five FA Cups in those 27 years, did they? :D

Fair enough, but would that have been the case if Liverpool had stuck with Dalgleish,Rogers or Benitez for 27 years ?

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Sorry, Palacefinder General – more specifically, they haven't changed clubs according to who's being successful – a trait I have seen in some of those who were young like me in the 80s and 90s but now support Brighton (or someone else) despite mocking people like me for doing so at the time. What I meant was that they were Liverpool fans then and they're Liverpool fans now. No suggestion that they've had to 'endure' was intended.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Do I need to buy a Liverpool shirt and throw away my Citeh one now?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think it's good to see in these troubled times that a financially struggling company which had to fall back on the Government's furlough scheme has been able to bounce back to success so quickly once they were able to return.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So “special club” Liverpool beat the mighty and rich Man City.

Remind me, how much money has Klopp spent?

Net spend in his entire spell £92m. Selling players such as Coutinho, Sakho and Benteke, to buy improvements.

In the same period, the net spend of:
ManC £506m
ManU £379m
Everton £275m
Arsenal £249m
Villa £198m
Brighton £197m
Wolves £185m
West Ham £155m

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Loud & passionate fans, great players, great coach, great academy... they surely deserve the win. Really gonna miss their suffering though.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I am really pleased for them.

Used to stand on the Kop in the late eighties/early nineties. I saw the last Div 1 winning team they had.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I am really pleased for them.

Used to stand on the Kop in the late eighties/early nineties. I saw the last Div 1 winning team they had.

I was on The Kop on that Saturday in April against QPR, a complete surprise in winning it a week early, as Graham Taylor's Villa crashed at home.

I happened to be staying in Manchester on route to a Scottish holiday, and thought on the spur of the moment that I'd drive over to Anfield. Queued for hours in Kemlyn Road to get in, pay at the gate.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Dr Teeth always reminds me of Klopp.

dr_teeth.jpg kloppy.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here