Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool - 20/21 Champions

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

At the risk of "fawning", their title win is an incredible achievement and I don't begrudge them. That said, I can't swallow the "30 years of hurt" rhetoric that is accompanying it! They have one two Champions leagues, bucket load of cups in that time.. All those years in the football "wilderness" must have been very hard to take! "the fans deserve it..." :shutup:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
After a few hours sleep due to my phone not stopping all night, although nothing compared to Kenny’s apparently just wanted to say thank you to the Brighton fans who take an interest in the Reds on here. Last night was magical to a lot of people who have waited so long.
Personally I can equate it to my first view of the new stadium. So many hopes, so many dreams, setbacks, obstacles and yet in the end the physical realisation of seeing it in the flesh. The headlines on the BBC website, Liverpool champions after 30 years, like Falmer a dream turned reality.
So special in a year that has been blighted by tragedy.
Plus my beloved Seagulls staying where they belong.
YNWA

"After a few hours sleep due to my phone not stopping all night, although nothing compared to Kenny’s apparently just wanted to say thank you to the Brighton fans who take an interest in the Reds on here. Last night was magical to a lot of people who have waited so long.
Personally I can equate it to my first view of the new stadium. So many hopes, so many dreams, setbacks, obstacles and yet in the end the physical realisation of seeing it in the flesh. The headlines on the BBC website, Liverpool champions after 30 years, like Falmer a dream turned reality.
YNWA"

Just thought I would copy and paste your message for you again, it is not like you have already posted the exactly the same message on this thread at 7:48am
Keep up the stereotype, its endearing :lolol:

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
After a few hours sleep due to my phone not stopping all night, although nothing compared to Kenny’s apparently just wanted to say thank you to the Brighton fans who take an interest in the Reds on here. Last night was magical to a lot of people who have waited so long.
YNWA

You do realise that 'Ferry Cross the bloody Mersey' will get to be the most played song in the coming months :nono::cry:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Indeed, the bitterness is uncalled for. Can't argue, they've been superb this season. They are a big club, they have a lot of armchair fans but that's modern football

Its not bitterness - we just don't need it rammed down our bloody throats.

Yes - they are the best team, yes they deserve it but why is it the most important thing that's happened today? I can't imagine this ridiculous coverage if any other team had won it. Lead story on Breakfast TV - turned it off after 30 secs.

Anybody mentioned Hillsborough yet?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I don't think it's bitterness, more of a footy banter type thingy.
They deserve to win it, as their football is years ahead of anyone else.
The Albion will never emulate Liverpool in my life time, and I'm 99 :thumbsup:

No bitterness here, just indifference to Liverpool and boredom with the cliched media coverage. I am only really interested in the Albion and don’t really care who the opposition is. I can come up with a positive though, namely I enjoy visiting when we play up there and I have probably been to Anfield more times than most of their fans.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
YNWA

Congratulations. Now on par with Blackburn and Leicester! :whistle:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Liverpool have 19 top-flight titles?

Not sure Blackburn & Leicester fit that description.

Not in the Premier League they dont. The one they've won before is the Championships now!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Ah sorry, you mean before football was invented properly by Sky?

Its a fact. They have win as many Premier league titles as Leicester and Blackburn.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
and there was me hoping City would beat Chelsea and delay winning it until they played Villa. Let's hope they keep their foot on the gas for a couple of games.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Its a fact. They have win as many Premier league titles as Leicester and Blackburn.

Only joshing really. They deserved it. But, it is mighty fun winding my scouse mate up!

The media love in is just a bit too much tbh.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
YNWA

Not sure how that happened. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Not helped by Albion fans on NSC fawning over their title win. I seem to remember people clapping Stephen Gerrard when he was warming up at the Amex as well.

Not sure where giving credit where it's due is 'fawning'. Gerrard was captain of England and an outstanding player, a bit of mutual respect (he returned the applause) is hardly something to feel queasy about - when did it become a negative thing?

Most of us who grew up while Liverpool were dominant got used to their 'fans' in Brighton and everywhere else lording it, but then it was United. Then you started seeing City shirts. Just how it is. The Liverpool fans I know (one of them a season ticket holder, one of them a former employee of the club among them) have stuck with them in the same way any genuine fan does and don't have any of the aggressive, gloating tendencies I saw in the United plastics of the Fergie era. It's also a different winner of a league that looked like it was going to be sewn up by City for some time. There's not a lot to complain about, frankly, from my point of view. Congratulations to them. Now be a good team and trot out against us pissed and in flip-flops, would you?

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
"After a few hours sleep due to my phone not stopping all night, although nothing compared to Kenny’s apparently just wanted to say thank you to the Brighton fans who take an interest in the Reds on here. Last night was magical to a lot of people who have waited so long.
YNWA"

Just thought I would copy and paste your message for you again, it is not like you have already posted the exactly the same message on this thread at 7:48am
Keep up the stereotype, its endearing :lolol:

SS has been doing the rounds of the message boards this morning hence he got confused. On the Bristol City board he’s West Country Scouse, on the Plymouth Argyle board he’s Very West Country Scouse, Northern Scouse on the Dumbarton FC board (one of only six members) ....etc.

:wink:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
“* 3 month break, behind closed doors and five subs instead of three” but yeah it doesn’t mean the integrity of the league hasn’t been compromised.

Liverpool completely deserve the title, and the minor tweaks to the rules have not made any meaningful difference whatsoever. But it gonna be a handy little payback to be able to poke their fans with this for many years to come.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Not sure where giving credit where it's due is 'fawning'. Gerrard was captain of England and an outstanding player, a bit of mutual respect (he returned the applause) is hardly something to feel queasy about - when did it become a negative thing?

Most of us who grew up while Liverpool were dominant got used to their 'fans' in Brighton and everywhere else lording it, but then it was United. Then you started seeing City shirts. Just how it is. The Liverpool fans I know (one of them a season ticket holder, one of them a former employee of the club among them) have stuck with them in the same way any genuine fan does and don't have any of the aggressive, gloating tendencies I saw in the United plastics of the Fergie era. It's also a different winner of a league that looked like it was going to be sewn up by City for some time. There's not a lot to complain about, frankly, from my point of view. Congratulations to them. Now be a good team and trot out against us pissed and in flip-flops, would you?

‘Have stuck with them’. You say that as though it was a trial, as though Liverpool FC have faced some real tough times in the last 30 footballing years that would test a lesser fan’s loyalty :lolol: Sorry, a decent post overall, but that line is absurd.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
SS has been doing the rounds of the message boards this morning hence he got confused. On the Bristol City board he’s West Country Scouse, on the Plymouth Argyle board he’s Very West Country Scouse, Northern Scouse on the Dumbarton FC board (one of only six members) ....etc.

:wink:

SS ..... are you talking about me???
If not I apologise, if so you really are talking tosh.
If your really interested I’m on one LFC site, although why I took the bait with someone who has palace in his user name is beyond me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here