Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Livermore and Jarrett centre midfield PLEASE Micky

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
A top partnership in the making there. About time we had a decent midfield pair as well.

Now he is fit and we have a left-back can we please start using Livermore centre mid.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I couldn't agree more.

Although our defence has been leaking less goals since his return, Hinshelwood has not looked himself in the last few games and is making some quite costly errors.

Won't hurt him to have a rest for a couple of games after his lengthy lay off.

As soon as Whing is back move Virgo to partner Elphick.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I would partner Hinshelwood and Elphick if everyone is fit and on top of their games.

I just think with Virgo adequate cover it wouldn't hurt to nurse Hinshelwood back into regular first team action a little more.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nonsense. Jarrett HAS to start [with Livermore OR Birchall]

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Virgo will be centre midfield, right wing or right back.

You KNOWS it.

I KNOWS it.

Adams KNOWS it.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It will be interesting when all are available. I am not sure 3 up front worked and with two big forwards it would seem wise to have two wingers, so Carole and Birchall seem the pick. That would leave Forster out of the team as we would need two decent midfielders - maybe Jarrett (although I thought he was poor last night after good earlier performances) and one other. I have not seen Livermore put in a decent performance for us yet, but from his past he obvioulsy has it in him to perform. Back four Whing, Elphick, McN and another - almost certainly Virgo although Hinsh has done well and does not deserve to be dropped. Selection choices rather than no one to select from! STill an issue and we need it to work well rapidly

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Well, after last night it has to be Livermore and Jarrett now. We effectively played a 4-2-4 formation last night leaving just Jason Jarrett & Adam El-Abd in midfield. Now this can leave us short in midfield but can still can work if you have the right personnel. This means El-Abd has to make way as he is not good enough. His tackling is strong but passing is erractic and prone to giving away possession add to this he was not disciplined enough and was getting too far forward...This lead to having our defence too exposed when Peterborough United broke.

If we had Livermore in there instead the 2 in midfield would have worked better and been more effective at stopping the Posh counter attacks which would have probably changed the outcome of the match.

So, it is JJ and Livermore all the way now.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If we are going to continue the long ball (hoof) tactics, would it not be best to play our tallest team regardless of position or talent.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Is there ANYONE except MA who thinks El-Abd is a midfielder? It is fcuking stupid, even with Birch on international duty, to play El-Abd in midfield... I would have preferred Livermore, or even Fraser (yes, I know, but at leat hie IS a midfielder!)...

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
After the end of this season we will have Livermore as the only central midfielder contracted to us.

Livermore took Hull to the Premiership, Millwall to the FA Cup final, and can only find a place at left back in our team when Whing, Virgo, El Abd, Mayo are injured.

He should hand in a transfer request and play for a manager that knows what he is doing. It will be a shame, as we have exactly what were are looking for already at the club in Livermore

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
After the end of this season we will have Livermore as the only central midfielder contracted to us.

Livermore took Hull to the Premiership, Millwall to the FA Cup final, and can only find a place at left back in our team when Whing, Virgo, El Abd, Mayo are injured.

He should hand in a transfer request and play for a manager that knows what he is doing. It will be a shame, as we have exactly what were are looking for already at the club in Livermore

What surprises me most of all is that Livermore is an Adams signing (as opposed to Wilkins or what he inherited) and then doesnt play him.

I wish i could get into thickys head and fathom it out, but its probably full of naked Adam Virgos.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here