Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Livepool v Albion 1983 highlights

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Just to whet your appetite for Sunday, here are the video highlights with added commentary from Radio Brighton (thanks to Goldstone Rapper).

What a cracking game it was too - a truly pulsating cup tie. So pull up a pew, crack open a beer, and enjoy our greatest ever victory...

[video=vimeo;26924875]http://www.vimeo.com/26924875[/video]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Still wonder why this vi came from, it was never on telly!!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Still wonder why this vi came from, it was never on telly!!

There's a great story about this - but I'll leave it to Goldstone Rapper to tell it...

Pixelated Penguin

Jul 5, 2011
Thankyou so much for putting this up. This is the first time i've seen it since i went with my parents as a 15yo boy.
Interesting when Ryan was hurt and Digweed kicks the ball out that Liverpool never gave it back and went on the attack and Brighton never complained.(how times change)
I have the entire BHA v Liverpool game from the following year at the Goldstone(2-0 Albion) on VT recorded live off TV. It needs putting on DVD before it perishes really.
Thanks again...lets do it again on Sunday!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
There's a great story about this - but I'll leave it to Goldstone Rapper to tell it...

:)
I think the story goes like this...

From his playing days at Liverpool, Jimmy Case knew that each home match at Anfield was recorded by a security camera and analysed subsequently for tactical purposes. When Albion won at Anfield in 1983, he contacted the club to get the tape as a souvenir.
(similar to Jan Molby getting a tape of his celebrated goal v Manchester United In 1985, also on YouTube)

Over the years, copies of this tape have been passed around. When I got a copy of the audio coverage of the 1983 match, I synced the commentary-less video with Tony Millard and Stephen Rooke's commentary for Radio Brighton.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Its funny, I recall reading in the press at the time that Case had watched his goal on video, I always wondered if it would ever come to light. Great work with the sync on the commentary iit a vital time piece in Albion history...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Its funny, I recall reading in the press at the time that Case had watched his goal on video, I always wondered if it would ever come to light.

Now we just need someone from Brentford to send us footage of *that* Garry Nelson goal...

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
That Liverpool team were near invincible and the FA Cup really meant something.

Albion played like heros, everyone of them.

Our 4,000 fans were awesome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here