Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Live Music 2013

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Tonight I am going to Hastings to see TV Smith, formerly of The Adverts at the Brass Monkey.
It's part of the Trash Cannes Festival.
They're showing a documentary about Johnny Thunders of the New York Dolls earlier in the evening as well.

Now that's what I call a good night out. Enjoy. I think TV Smith is playing in Brighton soon or that may have already happened?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Nick Cave on Thursday...the usual drama, passion and aura that fills any space that he is put in. He was great at the Centre a few years ago, which is an achievement in itself, so it was a treat to see him in a smaller venue again, particularly the Dome, which I love. Hugely enjoyable, despite not being the set-list I'd have chosen. The last encore, which was a very, slow song that I didn't know, was, if truth be told, a disappointment. He didn't end with a bang.

Arctic Monkeys last night...well, Earls Court is a total shithole, a vast warehouse really. We got very near the front, and they were very, very good. A brilliant performance for two hours, and they are building up a back catalogue that means that many of their favourites can't be fitted in now. Incredible crowd, all very celebratory - Alex Turner could've just farted in the mic and the roar would have been deafening - but what a performance. They may not be considered 'edgy' enough by some these days, but I love this band.

Mardy Bum...great to hear them play this again. They started with Do I Wanna know, and closed with R U Mine?, perfectly bookending a quite wonderful performance.

HT, if you are seeing them in a much smaller venue, you are in for a treat!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Now that's what I call a good night out. Enjoy. I think TV Smith is playing in Brighton soon or that may have already happened?

If it hasn't already happened, please let us know when it is! I saw The Adverts for the last time back in 1978, as a teenager. Great gig, would love to see how TV is these days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
HT, if you are seeing them [Arctic Monkeys] in a much smaller venue, you are in for a treat!

Certainly am fella. It's the 3500 capacity Colombiahalle. Loving their new long player as well; real grower which still gets better with every listen. Excited.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Certainly am fella. It's the 3500 capacity Colombiahalle. Loving their new long player as well; real grower which still gets better with every listen. Excited.

When is this? Should be fantastic. There must have been over 20,000 there last night at a conservative estimate.

Steve Mason on Tuesday next, though I'm bored of his latest album now, unfortunately...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When is this? Should be fantastic. There must have been over 20,000 there last night at a conservative estimate.

Steve Mason on Tuesday next, though I'm bored of his latest album now, unfortunately...

It's November the 5th. I'm surprised they're not much bigger here but this has it's advantages. I will report back

Jan 21, 2012
Nick Cave on Thursday...the usual drama, passion and aura that fills any space that he is put in. He was great at the Centre a few years ago, which is an achievement in itself, so it was a treat to see him in a smaller venue again, particularly the Dome, which I love. Hugely enjoyable, despite not being the set-list I'd have chosen. The last encore, which was a very, slow song that I didn't know, was, if truth be told, a disappointment. He didn't end with a bang.

Arctic Monkeys last night...well, Earls Court is a total shithole, a vast warehouse really. We got very near the front, and they were very, very good. A brilliant performance for two hours, and they are building up a back catalogue that means that many of their favourites can't be fitted in now. Incredible crowd, all very celebratory - Alex Turner could've just farted in the mic and the roar would have been deafening - but what a performance. They may not be considered 'edgy' enough by some these days, but I love this band.

Mardy Bum...great to hear them play this again. They started with Do I Wanna know, and closed with R U Mine?, perfectly bookending a quite wonderful performance.

HT, if you are seeing them in a much smaller venue, you are in for a treat!

I'm off to see the Arctic Monkeys at said shithole tonight and i can't wait! Seen them before and they really are fantastic live.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I'm off to see the Arctic Monkeys at said shithole tonight and i can't wait! Seen them before and they really are fantastic live.

Enjoy yourself - and GET TO THE FRONT. it is then harder to notice the venue's deficiencies.

Also, if you are drinking, drink elsewhere. Ludicrous queues for the bar meant I stayed 'dry'. Arctic Monkeys will be on stage at 9.00. Unless you want to catch The Strypes, get there at 8.30 and push through the throngs.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
If it hasn't already happened, please let us know when it is! I saw The Adverts for the last time back in 1978, as a teenager. Great gig, would love to see how TV is these days.

Wednesday 6th November at The Haunt with Toy Dolls.

Just about to leave for London and second dose of Nick Cave in 48 Hours.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I will be at The Concorde that night - Savages. I, too, will report back.

We have tickets for Savages over here. I saw them at Glastonbury and was utterly mesmerized by them; the most powerful band I have seen in years.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can really feel the excitement in this thread.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Great night down at The Haunt last night for The Anti Nowhere League.
Do really seem to have reinvented themselves .After years of regurgitating the first album , they now have as many 'newer' songs in their set as old ones .Also a good turnout , considering the weather and a healthy 90 minute se to boott. A lot different to the first time they headlined The Top Rank. It was either their first headline tour or the WXYZ records tour with The Meteors and the Defects. The League just about managed 35 minutes that night.
Ironically the Meteors are playing the Haunt in November .Been a few years since I last saw them , so not sure if a suit of armour is still required .Always been a little fiesty in the past.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
After missing Washed Out & Nick Cave in Brighton I had the pleasure of seeing The Foals at Razzmatazz in Barcelona. Really enjoyable evening with Everything Everything as support. Lucky I brought tickets in advance as it was a sell out I'm guessing it holds about 3,500 people.

Really good set in a great venue, would definitely consider travelling over again to see another band.

Considering watching Steve Mason which I believe is tomorrow.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Anyone else seeing Spear of Destiny at The Haunt on Sunday?

That takes me back, I wonder where all those shirtless lads with Kirk cuts who used to stand on each others shoulders are now? Used to love SOD, put on a great show back in the day, Grapes of Wrath was an album and a half.....

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Saw Television last night at Fly By Night in Freo, sold out crown d of no more than 500 I'd say. They played the whole of Marquee Moon minus Friction and a few others over a 90 minute set. Pretty good effort for a bunch of old fellahs - not often I feel on the younger half of an audience nowadays!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here