Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Live Earth

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Even if the science isn't totally right, there is absolutely NOTHING to be said against trying to move away from oil depedency and to more renewable sources.

The 1973 OPEC crisis f***ed western economics for years, look at the "energy diplomacy" Putin is currently trying to wield over Eastern Europe, and of course...the Iraq war.

Even if the earth isn't getting warmer, we need to pull away from oil dependency because look at all these messes..

Then again, at least no Zygons have attacked oil rigs in Scotland yet..:laugh:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Beastie Boys 0-8 Shakira.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i cant see the point of this concert, its supposed to be about global warming, How much electricity are they using for this, how many cars and planes got the artists to the uk and the stadium, and so on

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Looking forward to seeing Metallica and the RHCP from Wembley, then hopefully Bon Jovi and Garth Brooks when the US ones (or highlights of them, I'm not sure of the exact arrangement) are shown later.

Bon Jovi are about the fourth or so last act in NY. Reckon they will be on at about 2.00 a.m or so. Sky box is taping already so I can get my beauty sleep :angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

But there again I may be tempted to stay up and watch them as well as taping them

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Bon Jovi are about the fourth or so last act in NY. Reckon they will be on at about 2.00 a.m or so. Sky box is taping already so I can get my beauty sleep :angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

But there again I may be tempted to stay up and watch them as well as taping them

RHCP were good although I'm not sure why Kiedis was late on stage, maybe he was stuck in the loo as someone else suggested on this thread.

Metallica were good although we didn't get to see all of their songs.

Garth Brooks got cut off before he even started singing, then Ross made a load of condescending remarks about country music. :angry::angry:

Hopefully Bon Jovi wil get proper coverage, I'm sure there'll be no problem with their performance itself.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Foo Fighters, now you are talking.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
i cant see the point of this concert, its supposed to be about global warming, How much electricity are they using for this, how many cars and planes got the artists to the uk and the stadium, and so on

Let alone limosines / helicoptors to take them to and fro.

Should practice what they are trying to preach.

Highlights on the BBC website look good though :salute:

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
RHCP were good although I'm not sure why Kiedis was late on stage, maybe he was stuck in the loo as someone else suggested on this thread.

Metallica were good although we didn't get to see all of their songs.

Garth Brooks got cut off before he even started singing, then Ross made a load of condescending remarks about country music. :angry::angry:

Hopefully Bon Jovi wil get proper coverage, I'm sure there'll be no problem with their performance itself.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm a little bit puzzled. RTE have the show finishing up at 6.00 a.m. and BBC at 4.00 a.m. Can't stand Dave Fanning doing the RTE commentary but am afraid to tape the BBC in case (though they hardly will) I miss the end of the show and possibly Bon Jov

Decisions decisions I need a :whisky::whisky::whisky: or maybe even a :drink::drink::

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
UB40 now on in Johannesburg - Ivory Madonna

I remember getting a free pass to their gig at the Top Rank Suite and they were bloody brilliant.

What time are The Police on in the USA ?

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
UB40 now on in Johannesburg - Ivory Madonna

I remember getting a free pass to their gig at the Top Rank Suite and they were bloody brilliant.

What time are The Police on in the USA ?

Closing act according to the schedule

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Closing act according to the schedule

So around 03:30 hrs then - too late for me

Sarah Brightman doing Nesun Dorma (another Japanese Car) :lol:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Here's the weekly thread about how crap a Wembley concert is.

Genesis were absolutely shocking, and the stadium is half empty again.

Paint drying and with bloody Wimbledon it was enough to:drink:and nothing on TV until late .
roll on the footy:rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here