Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Live commentry on an iPod/

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OK, so I've downloaded a radio app (Tunein Radio) that lets me tune in to about 30,000 radio stations worldwide. Great.

BBC Radio Sussex is duley listed on 1485. Splendid.

I tune in at ten to three, and they're previewing the Albion. Excellent.

Then, at 2.59, it switches broadcast for live coverage of EASTBOURNE BOROUGH against pissing EBBSFLEET. What the f*** ?

I put it to you that anyone who gives a flying PISSFLAP about Eastbourne v Ebbsfleet will actually be AT the game. They must quite literally be broadcasting live commentry to about 11 people, if that. So WHY has the live Albion commentry been switched to cover some park game between a load of butchers and bakers ? What a load of SHIT.

Anyone got any ideas how to get the ALBION commentry on an iPod ?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
BBC Radio Sussex never cover the albion

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
From my time trying to tune into the radio on my way back from College at 4pm on Saturdays, there are 2 different FM frequencies for Sussex football. One is the non-league and one is the Albion. I can never remember what frequencies they are though :lolol:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
They don't broadcast live Brighton commentary via 'tinternet. Seagulls player have the broadcasting rights.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What a crock of poop, AND a waste of £1.79. :angry:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I put it to you that anyone who gives a flying PISSFLAP about Eastbourne v Ebbsfleet will actually be AT the game.

Actually, I believe that was one of the main reasons Apple came up with the iPod. Bill Gates was literally apoplectic with rage when he realised that Microsoft would be restricted to covering Sidley United.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
OK, so I've downloaded a radio app (Tunein Radio) that lets me tune in to about 30,000 radio stations worldwide. Great.

BBC Radio Sussex is duley listed on 1485. Splendid.

I tune in at ten to three, and they're previewing the Albion. Excellent.

Then, at 2.59, it switches broadcast for live coverage of EASTBOURNE BOROUGH against pissing EBBSFLEET. What the f*** ?

I put it to you that anyone who gives a flying PISSFLAP about Eastbourne v Ebbsfleet will actually be AT the game. They must quite literally be broadcasting live commentry to about 11 people, if that. So WHY has the live Albion commentry been switched to cover some park game between a load of butchers and bakers ? What a load of SHIT.

Anyone got any ideas how to get the ALBION commentry on an iPod ?

The answer is pay for Seagulls World. You can only get comm on the radio if you are in Sussex otherwise its online.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I will not pay for Seagulls World.
I just wanted it on the iPod for convenience so I could wander round the house and garden listening to it, instead of on my (distinctly un-portable) radio. Oh well.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I belong to seagulls world and when I tried to listen to a game on the i-phone it would not work. States apple have a dispute with the flash player used for seagulls world.

The digital version of SC Radio sometimes will not split off to the Albion coverage and I have to tune into FM to get it.

I also would love a solution to this dilema as it would be good to have i-phone access to commentry and not be reliant to PC/seagulls world only when I am away from home.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't think Apple support Flash, which is one of the MAJOR bugbears with the new iPad.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Do you have FM radio on your mobile phone? I use that when I'm not at home by my radio during games (even when I'm at the games).

If it's just to listen to at home, why not turn the radio up really loud. Who cares about the neighbours, this is brighton, they should be as interested as you, if they're not already at the game!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Do you have FM radio on your mobile phone? I use that when I'm not at home by my radio during games (even when I'm at the games).

If it's just to listen to at home, why not turn the radio up really loud. Who cares about the neighbours, this is brighton, they should be as interested as you, if they're not already at the game!

The problem is they broadcast the Surrey coverage and not the localised Brighton version. So you end up hearing Woking and Aldershot.

What we need to know is how you get the Brighton broadcast or whether you can only get this in Brighton or via Seagulls world, their are loads of apps so one of them must broadcast the local frequency. The manage this at the cricket where they broadcast the internet only commentary on those little five pound ear phones sold at the bar.

I have a palm phone and wonder if that can operate with flash so may try that next time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I do indeed have FM radio on my mobile....but I've lost the headphones :facepalm: and they're not the standard kind of jobbies you can just pick up anywhere either. Suppose I can Ebay it for another set of headphones, but its all a bit of an IRRITANT when I just assumed I'd be able to get it on my iPod Touch easily enough. But of course, I forgot its made by Apple.

Meh. I'll sort something out, even if I buy a little TRANNY I can fit in my pocket.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The issue here isn't Apple or the providers of the radio apps.

Simply it would be somewhat of a major flaw to the 'only available on Seagulls Player' model if it could be circumvented by listening to an alternative online stream. The BBC will feed the streams with content which is not covered by another agreement, in this case some non-league action. They won't feed Albion commentary to any other online streams other than Seagulls Player.

(Seagulls Player, for those that subscribe, not working on an iPod/iPhone/iPad is sort of an Apple issue, however. As already said they will not support Flash on these devices. However the world is slowly changing and it won't be long before these streams are offered up in non-Flash technologies. You'll still have to subscribe to Player though.)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I thought the newer iPods had finally got an FM radio in them?

Only the Nano currently.

(Although I think someone had taken a Touch apart and there's an FM radio in there but Apple haven't activated it yet. New O/S announcement in April so maybe then.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here