• I'd rather pick my nose with a penknife

Votes: 57 37.5%
  • f*** off Eddie, you Nige

Votes: 22 14.5%

• Total voters

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Good on the radio, first tv series was a reasonable adaptation, ran badly out of ideas in the second series. Fully expect third series to be piss poor.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It was ok

Then I re watched The League of Gentlemen.

Then I realised that most of Liitle Britain is a blatant rip off of this truly original groundbreaking series. Eg Fat Fighters / Jobseekers, The Hypnotist. The only gay in village/local people etc etc

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I find some bits very funny but others boring, some sketches seem to be in it week after week to fill up the time.

It reminds me in some ways of the Young Ones, it was cool to watch it as a teenager and everybody of that age group though it was hilarious every minute of every episode, but some parts were not funny as it had happened time and time again on previous episodes.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
It was ok

Then I realised that most of Liitle Britain is a blatant rip off of this truly original groundbreaking series. Eg Fat Fighters / Jobseekers, The Hypnotist. The only gay in village/local people etc etc

How right you are.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll be tuning in. It can be a bit hit and miss at times though - and some of the jokes ARE wearing very thin now (I'm bored to death with the 'Dennis Waterman' thing). Hopefully they'll have come up with something new.

Listen out for Tom Baker doing the announcing between programmes on BBC1 tonight between 7 and 9 - that could be funnier than the show itself.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Easy 10 said:
I'll be tuning in. It can be a bit hit and miss at times though - and some of the jokes ARE wearing very thin now (I'm bored to death with the 'Dennis Waterman' thing). Hopefully they'll have come up with something new.

Listen out for Tom Baker doing the announcing between programmes on BBC1 tonight between 7 and 9 - that could be funnier than the show itself.

They've got rid of Dennis Waterman this series.

Last edited:

Codner's Crackpipe

Feb 25, 2005
brightonfan_86 said:
the bits i didn't find funny in the second series, was the women who kept pukeing at everything, and the bity sketch got quite unrealistic.

forgive me for shooting fish and everything, but was there ever a point at which you found that sketch (or any of the show for that matter) REALISTIC? what a peculiar world you live in.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
It was ok

In their defence they've always mentioned the influences and the two shows have the same director.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Also as Ricky Gervias said. They have crossed the line as well. He said that a dancing Brent Doll could have been released but he vetoed it as being utter tat that no one would want.

Unlike the Little Britain merchandise monster that has been unleashed...

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
The kids love it because they have nothing else to compare it against.

But those of us that liked the fast show, league of gentlemen etc can see it shouldn't be as popular as it is.

magoo said:
The kids love it because they have nothing else to compare it against.

But those of us that liked the fast show, league of gentlemen etc can see it shouldn't be as popular as it is.

Agreed.

... Harry Enfields TV programme, The Young Ones, Not the Nine O'clock News, Monty Python, Derek and Clive etc etc...

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Am no fan. A few characters were mildly amusing first off, but very quickly tedious and massively overrated. And the new ones look even worse - oh-so-wacky and 'controversial' (woman wets herself! MP on Hampstead Heath! David Walliams grinning goofily except in different wigs!) Am pre-judging, sure, and will no doubt amuse many, of course, but anyway...
Am currently enjoying The Thick Of It for current comedy needs and, er, the not-at-all crude and/or puerile Derek and Clive for classic comedy... (which, unlike Little Britain, does, well, give me the fuckin' 'orn... :clap: )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here