Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Little Britain

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I actually find it funnier each time I watch it!

The first time I watched the prog I thought "I want that one one! was the funniest by far"

Now I find them all hilarious.

The Welsh gay.
The worst transvestite. "I'm a lady you know"
"Yeeeeeesssssssssssss", cue pan pipes (or whatever they are).
The gobby tart from the west country.
I didn't find the mad woman who just says "eh-eh-eh" at all funny to start off with.. Now find her hilarious (and I don't know why? :p )

Still waiting for the young man fantasisng over the granny to grow on me though! ???

Does that mean that I might find the League of Gentlemen funny one day?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Have you seen that one where they go:

"Brighton, Brighton, Brighton.... oh, I mean, er, Britain Britain Britain" at the start, classic!!! Think it's the same episode where the Scottish guy think's his window is a broken television. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

eeeeyyyeesssss!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I find most of this series inspired. I work in television in a technical capacity, but have come across many tv presenters if only to walk past them in a corridor.

The ex-tv presenter who works in the DIY store is absolutely inspired. Like Alan Partridge there are people who are just like that.

When they are on the way down they are the worst. When I started work I had a particular nasty experience with a well known 90s presenter, who is still knocking around on satellite TV.

He came in pissed every week, and unfortunately I found myself working in a studio as he entered for an afternoon shoot.

As I was leaving the studio, he deliberately stood in front of the door as his mobile rang. He refused to move to one side and blocked the doorway for a good 15 minutes as he talked on the phone. When the conversation ended, he sarcastly moved to one side and waved me through.

Anyway, Little Britain.... very funny, but.........

What I have a problem with is their piss-take of the working class and the carer. Bit of a cheap shot I think.

London based university educated media types sitting in an office writing scripts about "Chavs" makes my stomach turn to be honest.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very refreshing humour and quality as well.

Love the guy who fancies older women and the classic school teacher who married the pupil

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Beach Hut said:
Very refreshing humour and quality as well.

Love the guy who fancies older women and the classic school teacher who married the pupil

Quality, and something very English about the fact the parents don't question the situation at all (because he's a teacher)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
clapham_gull said:

When they are on the way down they are the worst. When I started work I had a particular nasty experience with a well known 90s presenter, who is still knocking around on satellite TV.

He came in pissed every week, and unfortunately I found myself working in a studio as he entered for an afternoon shoot.

Go on CG give us a clue!

Who is he?

Initials perhaps or an anagram?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Come on Clapham name and shame them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here