Jul 5, 2003
Kent Uni; Bexhill
4042.jpg

'yeah but no but yeah but no this fing wot you know nuffin about'

pretty funny show. What do you think?

SeagullSimon

Jul 5, 2003
Kent Uni; Bexhill
Office is one of the funniest comedies around. Can't wait for the christmas special

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
SeagullSimon said:
Office is one of the funniest comedies around. Can't wait for the christmas special

I still don't get that or why its funny, the person that wrote it seems to have no discernable talent so I guess that shades my view of it.

Monkey Dust is OK (I like experimental comedy, does not always hit the mark).

Little Britain is good in places but a lot as far as i am concerned misses the mark.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Little Britain is a bit hit & miss, but I think the teenage girl character he plays (pictured above) is hysterical, and the best thing in the show by a mile. Dunno how he can talk at 100mph without stumbling over the words , it must take a few takes to do it. Top stuff though.

marvin said:
I still don't get that or why its funny, the person that wrote it seems to have no discernable talent so I guess that shades my view of it.

No discernable talent other than creating a character and comedy that considered one of the best for ages by a lot of people - a bit harsh.

These things are subjective though - I can't stand Absolutely Fabulous and how does My Family continue? And don't even get me started on Eye's Down. :angry:

SeagullSimon

Jul 5, 2003
Kent Uni; Bexhill
4066.jpg

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
The Great Cornholio said:
No discernable talent other than creating a character and comedy that considered one of the best for ages by a lot of people - a bit harsh.

These things are subjective though - I can't stand Absolutely Fabulous and how does My Family continue? And don't even get me started on Eye's Down. :angry:

I bet more people find him not funny then do, I don't see the humour in the character (I have said more than once it may be because I have never worked in an office) I also don't see the humour in the rest of it. I have seen him in other things and I don't see what is funny in anything he says.

The rest of what you wrote I agree with (again don't find either of Saunders or the other one married to Henry funny, don't see what people see in them.)

Can't recall too many "situation coms" that have been funny for some time.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Little Britain is very funny in places, bit miss in others, but on the whole well worth watching. Have to agree My Family is the biggest pile of poo ive ever come across.

I dont really understand how some people dont get it, Id worry if I didnt fond any of it funny.

Albion Dan said:
Little Britain is very funny in places, bit miss in others, but on the whole well worth watching. Have to agree My Family is the biggest pile of poo ive ever come across.

I dont really understand how some people dont get it, Id worry if I didnt fond any of it funny.

I only watched 10 minutes last night to be fair before giving up. Might have missed the "funny" parts.

I remember David Walliams from Sky One's computer games show a few years ago - the one with Jet from Gladiators as "The Games Mistress"! He was funny with his various characters and she was gorgeous in either a teachers costume with cane or in a swimming costume! :clap2:

And whatever happened to Big Boy Barry?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Easy 10 said:
Little Britain is a bit hit & miss, but I think the teenage girl character he plays (pictured above) is hysterical, and the best thing in the show by a mile. Dunno how he can talk at 100mph without stumbling over the words , it must take a few takes to do it. Top stuff though.

its a lot better than that crap boo selecta which is the most unfunny thing on tv its the same jokes every week

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
i do find little britain funny but after a few epsoides its all the same.

the bloke in the wheelchair is my fave followed by marjorie dawes and her Fat-Fighters club

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
It's a mix between the League of Gentelmen and teh Fast Show. Pure class.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here